Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distortion via toslink
I've encountered a new problem with my Phantom/Dialog system. Suddenly the sound changes while using toslink via Dialog, it's highly distorted. If I press pause and then play in Spark the distortion disappears, just to reappear after some minutes. The firmware on all devices is 1.2.0.0. The speakers have been playing almost non stop the last 4-5 days , the problem started an hour ago. Has anyone experienced the same or a similar problem with firmware 1.2.0.0?
Thanks!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Never had that but I use one of the Phantoms' TOSLINK input for my TV, not the Dialog's one.
Yes, I have experienced distortion using the Phantom Toslink inputs.
However, I am sure, they have resulted from an install or an unexpected Phantom disconnection.

Either, pausing and starting the queued device or trashing and adding the device has resolved the issue.
You are experiencing a phenomena that I reported long ago (in my defunct "1.2 Firmware Bugs" thread).
The Dialog's Optical input starts "burbling" after about 5min playing *96KHz* material only. It doesn't happen at 44.1KHz, but unfortunately I upsample all my stuff in real time to 96KHz, so I had to revert to the optical in the back of the Phantom. Perhaps it's time to ensure that Devialet actually knows about this bug... up to now I've just assumed enough people would run into it.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I have had the same problem when running my TT through an AD converter through the toslink. It distorts at 96 and had to be dropped to 44.1
(16-Jul-2015, 13:24)JohnnySix Wrote: You are experiencing a phenomena that I reported long ago (in my defunct "1.2 Firmware Bugs" thread).
The Dialog's Optical input starts "burbling" after about 5min playing *96KHz* material only. It doesn't happen at 44.1KHz, but unfortunately I upsample all my stuff in real time to 96KHz, so I had to revert to the optical in the back of the Phantom. Perhaps it's time to ensure that Devialet actually knows about this bug... up to now I've just assumed enough people would run into it.

Thanks! 
I've reported the bug to Devialet support, hopefully they already have a fix for it. I'm having high hopes for the announced firmware update in end of July.
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Jul-2015, 15:13)Rodrat2 Wrote: I have had the same problem when running my TT through an AD converter through the toslink. It distorts at 96 and had to be dropped to 44.1

Which ADC are you using? I'm looking for an ADC for my TT.
My Phantom Voyage
M2tech Joplin.
(17-Jul-2015, 09:17)Rodrat2 Wrote: M2tech Joplin.

Thanks! 

Devialet support has confirmed that the 96 kHz distortion will be fixed with the firmware update in the end of July.
My Phantom Voyage
I've the same problem. I fixed it by using Phantom Toslink input instead of dialog toslink input.