Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a Dialog? Wifi connection issues
Hi All,

Just purchased a silver Phantom on Thursday and I've been having a few connection problems. Would prefer to run it off WiFi but after making the connection to my network (after following the instructions in another thread to unplug phantom and router etc), the Phantom's wi fi connection dropped out after a few minutes. I have a loft apartment with the Phantom currently right next to the router (a BT homehub).

From your experience, is a Dialog essential to maintain a stable connection? My eventual setup will be optical from my Mac and also using the Phantom over wifi and bluetooth with iOS devices (keeping my fingers crossed for Spotify connect in Spark!).

Thanks!
No, if you only have one Phantom, you don't need the dialog.
Dialog is not necessary for single Phantom. Working perfectly here since first set up in July, no problems whatsoever with 15ft and 2 brick walls between router and Phantom, music streamed from laptop via Spark. Also using CD, TV, Blueray and Spotify from IOS through optical using my trusty Quad CDP-2 as digital switch. I don't use Phantom Bluetooth as I was getting intermittent glitches so use my Nyrius adapter via optical.

No suggestions as to your problems I'm afraid, just comb the various threads on here - some people seem to have had difficulties getting going, most have not.
Thanks. After reading through some threads, installing the latest update and separating the 2.4 and 5hz SSIDs and allocating the Phantom to the 2.4hz channel did the trick.
(21-Dec-2015, 16:01)paulito_r23 Wrote: Thanks. After reading through some threads, installing the latest update and separating the 2.4 and 5hz SSIDs and allocating the Phantom to the 2.4hz channel did the trick.

Good to hear you're up and running. Smile Mine just worked from day 1, I guess I'm lucky.
(21-Dec-2015, 16:42)nigelb001 Wrote:
(21-Dec-2015, 16:01)paulito_r23 Wrote: Thanks. After reading through some threads, installing the latest update and separating the 2.4 and 5hz SSIDs and allocating the Phantom to the 2.4hz channel did the trick.

Good to hear you're up and running. Smile Mine just worked from day 1, I guess I'm lucky.

Hi
Good for the hard work..

But my advice would be to wire the phantom to the router.. if it is closed to the router.. it will be more stable to run a cable straight to the phantom from the router..

If you want to stick with wifi.. then my second advice will be to get the phantom connected to the 5ghz wifi instead... the 2.4ghz is too crowded and you may observe some issues in future.. the 5GHz frequency will be more stable...

My four silver phantoms are wired to my router and I have enjoyed a more robust and stable connection since...despite having a dual frequencies network at home.

Good Luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
The Phantom is my only device on 2.4. Everything else is on 5.

I had it wired as it's close to the router but the device wasn't recognised on the network. Might try it again now that I've installed the update.
Hi

When  you change the connection type.. you need to reset from from factory defaults and start the initial steup from scractch...

This is to tell Phantom that the connection type has changed...

To reset the phantom... press the bouton at the back 3 times... then connect the phantom, reboot the router etc...

Cheeers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.