Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does D120 do Roon-over-AIR?
Just curious whether this is a Pro CI only feature. Not asking about RAAT, but rather the Roon-over-AIR option. As more D120 units are appearing on the used market, it would be nice to understand what exactly it can and can't do, as compared to the D130/140 units.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
AIR works on Experts and Expert Pros. It worked great on my Expert 200. The Roon integration of AIR was a life saver for many of us that struggled with the AIR driver initially provided by Devialet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yup, I felt the same way when I started using the Air/Roon solution on my then Expert 250. Want sure whether it was supported on the 120. Thanks for the info! At $2500, it seems hard to imagine a better bang for the buck than a used D120.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
To be honest, I don't have first-hand experience using a 120 but I have no reason to think it wouldn't. Search the Roon forums for 'D120' and you'll find others that use it with AIR.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I use Roon every day to control my 120 connected with wired ethernet.  Works perfectly and sounds great.  Even does the first unfold of MQA.