Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody have these numbers?
Hello!

I was wondering if anybody had the numbers for Watt output in 8 ohm on an 400?

And how many watt is the class A amp itself?

Sorry if these questions seems strange, I am new to Devialet.  Smile
Devialet 400 - Bowers & Wilkins CWM8.3 - Bluesounde Node2
I do not know the power into 8 ohms, but the class A amplifier is controlling the voltage all the way up to maximum power, with the DSP controlling the current to make sure the voltage controlled by the class A amp is not compromised. So the class-A amp neither has nor needs a power rating on its own.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Paul Miller, when he tested the 200 predecessor, the 170, for HFN, gave these numbers:

120W into 8 ohms at 1000Hz

240W into 4 ohms at 1000Hz

My recollection from hearing the Devialet Head of Engineering is that the class A amp, on its own, is around 5W, but as f1eng says the class A does not work independently.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(24-Sep-2015, 14:22)IanG-UK Wrote: Paul Miller, when he tested the 200 predecessor, the 170, for HFN, gave these numbers:

120W into 8 ohms at 1000Hz

240W into 4 ohms at 1000Hz

My recollection from hearing the Devialet Head of Engineering is that the class A amp, on its own, is around 5W, but as f1eng says the class A does not work independently.

Hi,

here You can see that only A-class can play by its own.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/devialet2/3.html, but U need appropriate speakers! 

regards , Hrky

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The class A amplifier on the the D premier was 6W and I don't have any information / hints that it has changed on the 120, 200, 250.

As for the actual power it is quite easy: the 200 is 200W over 6 ohms, therefore it would be 200 * 6 / 8 = 150W over 8 ohms.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Indeed the class A stage can operate on it's own but it's not designed to. It's been done merely for demonstration purposes to 'prove' there's a fully functional class A stage which is in the "lead". Class A stage can be seen as the operator at the steering wheel and the class D stage is adding the power steering. This certainly should not be confused with the type of class A/AB amplifiers that can play up to 'x' watt in pure class A mode before switching to class AB operation.

A Devialet 400 can indeed output 6/8 * 400 = 300W per channel in 8 ohm.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Whilst I think the single 200 is 200W into 6 ohms (which links in broadly with the Miller figures) and a 400 is 400W into 6 ohms, I can't see how this works with the 250/800 - cannot be 250W single and 800W as a pair?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(24-Sep-2015, 22:27)IanG-UK Wrote: Whilst I think the single 200 is 200W into 6 ohms (which links in broadly with the Miller figures) and a 400 is 400W into 6 ohms, I can't see how this works with the 250/800 - cannot be 250W single and 800W as a pair?

At Soundstage ultra the test of the 400 this is writen in the text.

Each model number indicates the power output into a 6-ohm loudspeaker load, though in the case of the 400, 600W continuous and 6000W peak are available per channel into loads as demanding as 1 ohm.

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...ifier-dacs
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(24-Sep-2015, 22:27)IanG-UK Wrote: Whilst I think the single 200 is 200W into 6 ohms (which links in broadly with the Miller figures) and a 400 is 400W into 6 ohms, I can't see how this works with the 250/800 - cannot be 250W single and 800W as a pair?
Now for some true confusion.

A while back, it was worked out that the original D500 was in fact 500w RMS / 8 ohm, 670w 6 ohm. Which could hint at why the D800 is, errrm, 800w 6 ohm.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ht=offence

I did discuss this strange matter with Devialet's Mathieu Pernot once, he advised that the D200 is effectively on the limit, whereas the D250 is not. The truth is out there ....