Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't expect customer service from Devialet
We are in an abusive relationship with Devialet. They keep hitting us with bugs, but we can't leave them because they're so good to us sometimes, caressing our ears like a minx.
(I was given a free Dialog, and yet they still replaced it after the optical input broke).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I also got mine earlyish. March 20th iirc.
I hot hiccups and other connection problems initially as well as frequent, but not always, loss of configuration when I unplugged the system.
Once the firmware was updated the hiccups turned out to be largely due to having filtered mains outlets which prevented the connection by mains borne ethernet, the principle means of communication between Dialog and Phantom in my installation. Plugging into normal outlets fixed this completely.
The frequent need to re-configure has been gone for ages now, I connect Phantoms first then Dialog then wait. If I launch Spark before they have all finished initialising and connecting to each other I sometimes have one Phantom only. If I am patient it is fine.
The Dialog runs hot and the optical connector on it does not have a click latch so the cable falls out if touched.
I have never has any hissing, in fact the Devialet, both amp and Phantoms, are the quietest hifi I have ever used.
I don't watch TV or video much but I have the Dialog connected to the tv tuner of my projector and have acceptable lip sync that way. I still use my main system for films so haven't tried Phantoms and bluray.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(22-Oct-2015, 12:46)JohnnySix Wrote: We are in an abusive relationship with Devialet. They keep hitting us with bugs, but we can't leave them because they're so good to us sometimes, caressing our ears like a minx.
(I was given a free Dialog, and yet they still replaced it after the optical input broke).

Why did they give you a free dialog??? (if i may ask ..)
(22-Oct-2015, 12:46)karebe Wrote: I've accepted very early that the only important component for me is the Phantom and no other one. They are simply awesome. So I've established an environment with other components which are better than Devialet's at the moment like my Auralic Aries or the ami DDH-1. I've accepted that the current Dialog is just an interim solution and the user interface was an alpha version.

Everything is connected with Gb Ethernet. You can call it old-fashioned but it is the most reliable network. There can be too many side effects in a WLAN. I like it simple and easy.  And what can I say other than everything works great. Even I had to spend extra Euros for my environment the Phantoms are worth it in any case

Other companies also struggle with software and it took and takes a long time to get it solved. In my mind the biggest mistake from Devialet was talking big and not being able to measure up to the customer expectations.

Very well said. I agree. I think this is the spirit to really appreciate the Phantoms in this phase. You can cope avoiding extra audio equipment but u must have a wired connection, lot of patience, the right prosumer/geeky/beta tester/explorer spirit, ....and a bit of luck!

And yes. The marketing campaign .....Not brilliant. Overstated, out of target. Actually i think also very risky from a legal point of view. Amazed there are no legal action going on.

But i didn't care as i saw the potential and it is the way forward and i am happy with them.

But most people without that "spirit" obviously have the right to complain and i see a point in the mis-selling accusations.
Two weeks ago i was promised a phone call to deal with my complaint. Now today they have just ignored my last two messages asking for an update.
There will be people on this forum considering buying a Devialet product and seeing posts like this will put them off. Do Devialet not realise this.?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(22-Oct-2015, 18:29)Womaz Wrote: Two weeks ago i was promised a phone call to deal with my complaint. Now today they have just ignored my last two messages asking for an update.
There will be people on this forum considering buying a Devialet product and seeing posts like this will put them off. Do Devialet not realise this.?

Hi no user  out there able to defend Devialet...

It is strange that Devialet refused to refund and as one user rightly pointed out.. why did the user did not return the devices for repair...or replacement ?

I have always received a quick response from all my requests...

Devialet has improved the communication by implementing  a chat system in their website... now you can even get a on spot technical support for basic issues...directly from their website...

So  let's be fair...with Devialet.. some requests from user are so strange and it can be difficult to clearly assess if the user's problem is related to the lack of basic technical skills such as properly following the step in the user manual or if the problem is related to a fault in the equipment...

In some cases, Devialet engineers may probably need more time to try to create the same environment as the user to investigate the problem...

I have posted in another thread how frustrating it could be to spend that bunch of cash on a device and run into trouble... I was quite frustrated when I spent £1500 on my very first Denon Av receiver and it took me one month to setup the device..  and since after mastering the logic behind AV receivers.. it is relatively simple.. and will take me now 30mn to setup an AV receiver...

We all want Devialet to do more to make the use of this Fantastic piece of equipment works trouble free.. and I'm certain they are working towards that goal.. let's just be a little bit patient.

Thanks
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
As someone who recently bought one Phantom on the 45 day trial offer and was thinking about buying a second and a dialogue I'm now really thinking twice - I was having a hard enought time in my head justifying the £3,000 spend but it they don't work properly I'd be gutted.
(22-Oct-2015, 22:44)BowlOfPetunias Wrote: As someone who recently bought one Phantom on the 45 day trial offer and was thinking about buying a second and a dialogue I'm now really thinking twice - I was having a hard enought time in my head justifying the £3,000 spend but it they don't work properly I'd be gutted.

Hi There

Go for it mate....

These devices are worth the try...and they are good.. and must say  that some of the problems are strange.. I never experienced any issue what so ever with my device since the very first setup... Just needed to have my three silvers in one room, run the setup and move the third device in my Study and everything work flawless...

My first pair of Sonos was having the same trouble.. but with time, Sonos is very stable now etc...

Devialet with improve and the built quality is excellent.
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I was thinking of buying a couple of Phantoms and a Dialogue, but ther is NO WAY that I am prepared to go through the fart arsing around that some of you guys have to go through every day.  Roll on the Kii 3!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Oct-2015, 17:42)RobLnd Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 12:46)JohnnySix Wrote: We are in an abusive relationship with Devialet. They keep hitting us with bugs, but we can't leave them because they're so good to us sometimes, caressing our ears like a minx.

Why did they give you a free dialog??? (if i may ask ..)

It was a courtesy gift for the months of delays during the first wave of Phantom deliveries.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.