Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't upgrade to the latest Phantom software!
Dumb shmuck that I am, I went from a perfectly working Phantom Gold pair with Dialogue to a problem-ridden pair, thanks to believing that Devialet's latest update would be "better". If you haven't upgraded, and have not experienced any problems, best advice is to stay with the older software. Wait for the next update, which hopefully will not be as problem-ridden as this one that came out yesterday. 

Now, whenever I play something through the optical port, I get pauses every 5 seconds or so. Prior to the update, it was working flawlessly.
Can't you perform a downgrade?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(22-Sep-2016, 14:58)Cylob Wrote: Can't you perform a downgrade?

As far as I know you can keep using older Spark versions but downgrading DOS on the Phantom and Dialog is not possible.
That's strange as mine is flawless with latest update.
(22-Sep-2016, 15:20)Olivier4444 Wrote: That's strange as mine is flawless with latest update.

By me the same
(22-Sep-2016, 13:38)srima Wrote: Dumb shmuck that I am, I went from a perfectly working Phantom Gold pair with Dialogue to a problem-ridden pair, thanks to believing that Devialet's latest update would be "better". If you haven't upgraded, and have not experienced any problems, best advice is to stay with the older software. Wait for the next update, which hopefully will not be as problem-ridden as this one that came out yesterday. 

Now, whenever I play something through the optical port, I get pauses every 5 seconds or so. Prior to the update, it was working flawlessly.

Try a full factory reset
Here's a link to step by step full factory reset.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I did not update to the latest firmware (1.8.1.54) because Spark fails to download.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Funny way to upgrade...
It solves an issue for some people and creates one for other...

In my case, I was told 1 month ago that the issue I encountered with BT would be solved at the next FW upgrade ; it seems I have to wait one more upgrade.
(22-Sep-2016, 13:38)srima Wrote: Now, whenever I play something through the optical port, I get pauses every 5 seconds or so. Prior to the update, it was working flawlessly.

Maybe cat walked on it and optical cable got loose. Jiggle it.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *