Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr.sah's system
Hi to all.
Wanted Devialet few years, and now I got it thank' s to forum member.

My current system is:
Devialet 200
Goldenear Triton One ( half active)
Intel NUC with Roon ( fanless TranquilPC case)
Sonos

I will add picture later

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice setup! Congrats!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Beautiful setup. Enjoy!
Very neat and minimalist. I read some very positive reviews for the Triton Ones as well.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Left is i7 Intel NUC with Kodi for movies, middle in i5 intel NUC with Roon in TranquilPC fanless chasiss.
(05-Jul-2017, 12:14)dr.sah Wrote: Left is i7 Intel NUC with Kodi for movies, middle in i5 intel NUC with Roon in TranquilPC fanless chasiss.

Nice setup.

Out of interest, what made you go for a fanless case for the Roon NUC when it sits next to another NUC with a fan? Maybe Roon works the CPU harder?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I would be surprised if the i5 was running harder than the i7 with movies, but one never knows....So yes, inquiring minds want to know.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
First bought fanless NUC and use it for movies and music. Later I got i7 NUC for movies, but it works only when Im watching movies, it is not working 24h/day. Wanted to get fanless case for that nuc too, but can not find it, because of processor.
I have a passive case for the i7 NUC from Akasa. Works perfectly, CPU is cooler than in the original active cooled case.
As my NUC is in a different room that my Devialet, I never hear it, plus truth be told, mine doesn't seem to make a lot of fan noise anyway. Which would lead one to ask, "how would I know"....Wink

Are you using AIR or USB with your NUC?
SXSW, US