Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropout with D Premier and AIR
Moving to a more "powerful" AP won't solve the issue. I use a Ubiquiti AC Pro right next to my D Premier and even with this I still gets drop outs. Not sure how sensible it was of Devialet to put their wifi card inside the metal case of the amplifier....

If you go down the Raspberry Pi route, have a look at the AUDIOPHONICS Digipi+AES TOSLINK TCXO Digital Interface AES/EBU for Raspberry Pi.

This give you an AES/EBU output which certainly from my experience is the best way of getting digital into the D Premier and the price is similar to the normal coaxial HAT models (Allo Digione etc etc). Budget for a decent AES cable and you're good to go.
So some feedback on the dropouts.
I found out that 4 of my AP’s in the house were on the same WiFi channel.
I have since changed that, and the one near my DP is on its own channel,13, with no overlap.
Listened for about 3hours last night with no dropouts.
Not sure if this will help anyone else.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.