Dual Pro optimal power output?
@ David:
The doubling is normaly by factor 10
1 to 10
10 to 100
100 to 1000

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
@Elztalbiker

When it comes to sound pressure level which is measured in decibels which have a logarithmic scale, a doubling of power produces a 3 dB increase in sound pressure level. I think what you're referring to is the fact that if you multiply the power by 10, then you increase the sound pressure level by 10 dB so 10 W produces 10 dB more than 1 W, 100 W produces 20 dB more than 1 W and 10 dB more than 10 W, 1000 W produces 30 dB more than 1 W and 10 dB more than 100 W, and so on.

That is implicit in the fact that a doubling of power produces a 3 dB increase in SPL. Doubling the power from 1 W to 2 W produces a 3 dB increase in SPL over 1 W, doubling power again to 4 W produces a further 3 dB increase and doubling again to 8 W produces another 3 dB increase for a 9 dB increase over 1 W. A further 2 W increase to 10 dB (less than another doubling) produces another 1 dB increase for a total of 10 dB.

So the rule is that doubling the power produces a 3 dB increase which also means that multiplying the power by 10 produces a 10 dB increase in SPL because of the way the logarithmic scale used for the decibel range works.

You can see this in the table in the "Power" sub-section of the Weighting section in this link: https://www.audioholics.com/frequent-que...ts-and-dbs
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A I think the confusion was due to this slip of the pen:

(14-May-2020, 09:42)David A Wrote: A doubling of amplifier power results in an increase of 3 dB in volume

I think you meant to say "sound pressure level" rather than "volume".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@ David A:

Jepp, we are together.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(14-May-2020, 16:14)thumb5 Wrote: @David A I think the confusion was due to this slip of the pen:

(14-May-2020, 09:42)David A Wrote: A doubling of amplifier power results in an increase of 3 dB in volume

I think you meant to say "sound pressure level" rather than "volume".

You're right. I found myself making that mistake a few times as I typed and corrected it but it looks like I didn't catch all of my slips.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia