Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EQ?
Hi, I just bought a second Premier classic to enjoy the benefit of a stereo soundstage.
Did the update and the pairing in a blink. Very stable I must say. I decided to add an equalizer to my setup and took the plunge for AirFoil on MacOS. Now Tidal automatically opens with Airfoil and the EQ is working great. Neighbour pb solved for 30 bucks.
(18-Apr-2020, 17:37)Damon Wrote: Hi,

I don't own Phantoms, but I see you are online. Have you tried enabling 'night mode'? I think there is a setting like that which will reduce the bass output.
Hi Damon,

Since updating to DOS2, I run the Devialet app. I believe they got rid of Night mode and radio?
The only way I have found a solution was to create a EQ profile as an AU unit within Audirvana and run it via UPnP.That seems to work.

Minsoo
I used DDRC-22D with Dirac and cant be happier with the results. The stereo imaging is crystal clear after calibration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18-Apr-2020, 17:31)MGremlin Wrote: I have a pair of Silvers on tree stands, running DOS2 in my home office.
Is there a way to EQ them? The bass is simply overpowering in my room.

Thank you,

Minsoo

Hi, did you ever get a reply for this?

Phantoms (golds in my case) have no treble and everything is bass heavy so they desperately need an equalized source. 

Thanks.
(21-Apr-2021, 16:55)AceOfBass Wrote:
(18-Apr-2020, 17:31)MGremlin Wrote: I have a pair of Silvers on tree stands, running DOS2 in my home office.
Is there a way to EQ them? The bass is simply overpowering in my room.

Thank you,

Minsoo

Hi, did you ever get a reply for this?

Phantoms (golds in my case) have no treble and everything is bass heavy so they desperately need an equalized source. 

Thanks.

You can use the EQ in Spotify and use AirPlay. It doesn't work with Spotify Connect. Another solution is Roon if you use Tidal, Qobuz or local files.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
You can also use the EQ functions in a Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node2i and connect one of those to an optical port of a phantom.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I use a Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496 with optical, i like buttons and knobs to tweak during the listening experience.
I use a Raspberry Pi with a DAC+DSP (Hifiberry). The dsp works with toslink out, which goes into the Phantom. Really happy with the EQ ability and room correction.
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU
How do you analyse your room correction ?
What are the benefits for you?
(18-Apr-2020, 18:29)Jamington2004 Wrote: Dspeaker Antimode 2.0 is brilliant at reducing that “boom”.

Or a simpler option is to use Spotify / phone / laptop EQ - that should be transmitted to the speaker over Airplay?

I ordered one let see how it goes,does it has a simply eq too?