Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPRIT VOLTA power cord
Hi there

Did you know ESPRIT made a specific power cord for our Devialet ?
It costs a lot but seems to be a very big step in restitution. About 30/40% (as far as it can be measured).

If it is much better than buying a new source like Moon, 3D Lab or Melco... I think it worth the money

http://www.hifilink.fr/esprit-volta-cabl...-devialet/
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Hello

We well know this cable, exclusive sale from HIFI LINK in France (HIFI LINK paid the R&D at Esprit)
we tested the cable on all devialet (200, 400, 800): marvellous, once you try : impossible to forget the Volta cable !
A Devialet MUST be plugged with the Esprit Volta.

Here we link the D800 with two Volta and Lumina speaker cables on Verity Audio, YG and Wilson Benesch speakers : Love music Smile
For 1900 euro (twice 'cos I'm dual mono) I'd need a good woman & bag of fairy dust!
I am dual mono too Sad
i know that the HIFI LINK high end shop makes offer for Dual Mono Devialet Smile
I have to be honest, I cannot believe mains cables can possibly make any difference, I just don't believe it.  Having said that, because of my belief, I have never tried any.  Maybe I should?  But why do they make a difference?  Anyway, listening now with stock cables, sounds excellent, so what am I missing?

Does anyone have any scientific or engineering rational to explain?  Possibly the oldest chestnut in hifi!

And if there is something that works, surely it can be done for £100 or so, not £2000?
(11-Nov-2015, 22:52)Confused Wrote: I have to be honest, I cannot believe mains cables can possibly make any difference, I just don't believe it.  Having said that, because of my belief, I have never tried any.  Maybe I should?  But why do they make a difference?  Anyway, listening now with stock cables, sounds excellent, so what am I missing?

Does anyone have any scientific or engineering rational to explain?  Possibly the oldest chestnut in hifi!

And if there is something that works, surely it can be done for £100 or so, not £2000?

+1

An insult to intelligence if you ask me.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
There are indeed subtle differences on the SQ for different type of power cords, I have to admit. But, just subtle. I had tried Shunyata's Sidewinder, Mojave, Taipan and Anaconda. Yes, I have to admit these aren't the top of the line power cords, but still are expensive, in my opinion. And, just to derive a tiny bit of improvement on sound on such monies, it is just not justifiable. At the end, I used Audioquest NRG-X3 costing me less than US$80, and has a connector that fits into Le200 with back cover on. This is aesthetically fitting for me and also provide a placebo effect on me that it improves the sound of my Le200 better.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I did not believe in cables until the day I heard Nordost demo with many cables on Naim.
Big improvement with power cords then Rca then HP cables.
At the time I was decided to buy a Q8 + 350€ power cable. But I sold my Naim for Devalet.
I tried Nordost on Devialet with a friend who has Q8 and very expensive Nordost cables. No difference or subtil.
Now I guess this specific Esprit can be an excellent choice but I need to test it.
(12-Nov-2015, 01:17)hk6230 Wrote: There are indeed subtle differences on the SQ for different type of power cords, I have to admit. But, just subtle. I had tried Shunyata's Sidewinder, Mojave, Taipan and Anaconda. Yes, I have to admit these aren't the top of the line power cords, but still are expensive, in my opinion. And, just to derive a tiny bit of improvement on sound on such monies, it is just not justifiable. At the end, I used Audioquest NRG-X3 costing me less than US$80, and has a connector that fits into Le200 with back cover on. This is aesthetically fitting for me and also provide a placebo effect on me that it improves the sound of my Le200 better.

Problem is in the PEM (power entry modul) with filter network instaled in Devialet right after the IEC connector. With PEM remowed using direct, clean  connection much more can be evaluted with different type of power cords. For my taste the best is Siltech. Oooh, I like silver on LE200.

regards, Hrky