Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddye System
(12-Dec-2014, 16:47)Eddye Wrote: Today one of the harddrives in my Synology NAS crashed. The NAS sent me an email that the drive had crashed. Bought a replacement this afternoon and it's rebuilding now. Isn't this technology wonderous?

wondrous indeed! i hope everything recovers fully.

nice system and i love the macro photography
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(12-Dec-2014, 17:01)amabrok Wrote:
(12-Dec-2014, 16:47)Eddye Wrote: Today one of the harddrives in my Synology NAS crashed. The NAS sent me an email that the drive had crashed. Bought a replacement this afternoon and it's rebuilding now. Isn't this technology wonderous?

wondrous indeed! i hope everything recovers fully.

nice system and i love the macro photography
Thanks
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Nice setup. Still need to visit you and listen to it.

Why did you buy a new hard drive? Did the warranty of the disk expire?
Had the same issue a few years ago with a Hitachi drive, and got it replaced by contacting Hitachi directly I believe.
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2
Thanks,

The defective disk was a different size as the others (smaller), so this was the cheapest option to reconfigure to 1 volume and expand the RAID set.
I still haven't got my schedule for anything beyond February, when I do we'll set an appointment. Things are a bit hectic at work the last few weeks due to reorganizations.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Ah, right. Got it.

Let me know. Kinda busy here too. My company is fusing with another, and decided to outsource my department.
Will look for a new job early next year, after I've done some certifying. Been a while :-)
That's bad news, Tom. I hope you'll find a new job soon. I'm afraid our company won't be hiring new staff of any kind any time soon also. Just firing...

The Netherlands
Got an invitation code and placed an order for a Dialog
[Image: devialet-dialog-multiroom.png]

The Netherlands
I still don't really see the point of that thing.
What does it cost?
It'll replace my Mac Mini for streaming music.

The Netherlands
With music on the NAS?