Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical Spec
Hi, maybe there's an electrician music lover among you.

I actually live in France and am planning to buy a Phantom. But I will have the opportunity to bring it to Canada some day.

My question is comparing the two electrical systems of the two countries to the specs of the Phantom, would it be possible to plug it with a plug adaptator (no transformator) in France or Canada?

The electrical specs of the Phantom is IEC 90-240 V  50/60 Hz.

I guess the answer is yes but I need a confirmation. Maybe even the cord of the Phatom can be changed as I saw it in the video.

My other question would be regarding the Dialog system. I wasn't able to find its specs. What are they? Can anyone take a look at his and

give them in the thread, please?

Thanks
I did not know that Phantom is global voltage. Remarkable. This means one unit should function all around the world then? Going by your specification, looks like it.
(30-Jul-2015, 23:55)stephanebannier Wrote: The electrical specs of the Phantom is IEC 90-240 V  50/60 Hz.

My other question would be regarding the Dialog system. I wasn't able to find its specs. What are they? Can anyone take a look at his and give them in the thread, please?

Thanks

The user guide photo indicates the Dialog mains is as you quoted but with figure eight connection.
Similarly, the Phantom image indicates IEC 100-120v 220-240v.
(31-Jul-2015, 12:50)alandbush Wrote:
(30-Jul-2015, 23:55)stephanebannier Wrote: The electrical specs of the Phantom is IEC 90-240 V  50/60 Hz.

My other question would be regarding the Dialog system. I wasn't able to find its specs. What are they? Can anyone take a look at his and give them in the thread, please?

Thanks

The user guide photo indicates the Dialog mains is as you quoted but with figure eight connection.

Thanks alandbush for the info. But can you precise the eight connection thing? And could you please tell the frequency of the Dialog 50-60Hz?

In fact I asked Devialet and they answered "yes but..." I didn't really understand the "but" and their advice was to buy the american model.
(31-Jul-2015, 18:51)stephanebannier Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks alandbush for the info. But can you precise the eight connection thing? And could you please tell the frequency of the Dialog 50-60Hz?

In fact I asked Devialet and they answered "yes but..." I didn't really understand the "but" and their advice was to buy the american model.

The source of my info [PDF]USER GUIDE - Devialet
www.devialet.com/assets/pdf/Phantom-user-manual.PDF

IEC C7 (Figure 8) Power Leads -
www.cabling4less.co.uk/category.php?cat_id=220
(31-Jul-2015, 22:55)alandbush Wrote:
(31-Jul-2015, 18:51)stephanebannier Wrote:

Thanks

The source of my info [PDF]USER GUIDE - Devialet
www.devialet.com/assets/pdf/Phantom-user-manual.PDF

IEC C7 (Figure 8) Power Leads -
www.cabling4less.co.uk/category.php?cat_id=220
Thank You!
Just purchase an Apple TV power cord when in Canada it fits the Dialog perfectly.
And EU to USA plug adaptors from Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Aug-2015, 08:34)davidadamson Wrote: Just purchase an Apple TV power cord when in Canada it fits the Dialog perfectly.
And EU to USA plug adaptors from Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips.
switch mode power supplies like the ones in the phantom and the devialet expert line allow companies to manufacture one power supply for the entire world, hence the large variable voltage figures that it can handle. plug it in no matter where you are without fear
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
so guys basically by replacing the power cord you can have you Phantom work anywhere in the world?
Although in my phantoms - below the base it states 250V (is that the maximum voltage it can handle? I ll have to admit I didnt know that.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net