Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical Spec
cosmosound - does it give a range ie 110 - 250 or does it just say 250?

if it just says 250 that would go against what others have posted in here.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(25-Aug-2015, 09:11)completeluxury Wrote: cosmosound - does it give a range ie 110 - 250 or does it just say 250?

if it just says 250 that would go against what others have posted in here.

In fact the specgives the range 110V-240V so it is possible to use it in Europe and North America (for my concern). where do we have a 250V electric system?
well the reason they allow up to 250 is to give their product some headroom.

here in australia for instance the voltage we are supplied is "230 volts" on paper. however ive not worked in a single house where the voltage is under 240. and its usually around 243 - 245 volts.

Making a product able to handle voltages up to 250 volts means that no matter where they sell it in the world, if there is an abnormally high voltage for some reason - for instance if you live really close to an industrial area your voltage during the day might be about 240 but after hours when all those factories close your voltage will actually go quite high to about 247 - then they know their product will work regardless. it means they have less warranty claims for excess voltage blowing up their equipment Smile
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I get 253V on my supply every day (I'm close to the substation) which is the maximum permissible within the spec for UK mains and the Devialet D200 hasn't gone pop yet.
nice... ive never seen anyone so high before!!
I'm about perhaps 150 feet from the substation and also there's a fair bit of industry around too including a large Greggs the bakers. I've always had issues with inconsistent electricity supply Sad Really must move house one day.