Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabinet polish?
I was recently in touch with Devialet’s infamous customer support and after about three months of waiting was told that they are not able to polish the cabinet of my Companion unit.

Do you know of anyone having had that service provided before? 

A patch of my Companion’s cabinet is slightly dulled and I would like to know if it’s possible to send the unit back to Devialet to either get it polished or swapped for a new cabinet.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
When I upgraded my 250 to 250 pro CI I had a lot of scrachtes on the front and on the remote after the retour from Paris. After three E-Mails and four weeks they send me a new Remote. For the scrachtes on my Expert 250 pro ci they made me a offer to buy a new body (1500€). I can't explain what they done with the Experts in Paris. Who is working on this excellent units?
So good so far: I polished it by myself, and the results are satisfied. 5 hours of working for 4000 hours of listening and looking are a good proportion. I think i would never send my 250 to Paris. Those Steel workers don't love Highend-products.
But I'm still happy with sound and look. ( Sorry, my English is not perfect)
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
(04-Nov-2021, 20:21)4tLotM Wrote: When I upgraded my 250 to 250 pro CI I had a lot of scrachtes on the front and on the remote after the retour from Paris. After three E-Mails and four weeks they send me a new Remote. For the scrachtes on my Expert 250 pro ci they made me a offer to buy a new body (1500€). I can't explain what they done with the Experts in Paris. Who is working on this excellent units?
So good so far: I polished it by myself, and the results are satisfied. 5 hours of working for 4000 hours of listening and looking are a good proportion. I think i would never send my 250 to Paris. Those Steel workers don't love Highend-products.
But I'm still happy with sound and look. ( Sorry, my English is not perfect)

I'm curious... how did you polish it yourself?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
First i tried it on my scrachted remote. First Step: Metal polish (Autosol), second step: Silver Polish. After getting a little bit dull it looks at the end like a mirror. You can try it on the back of the Cable cover.
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
Thanks, I will probably try to polish it myself, starting with one of my two remotes as a test.

The thing is, both my units got sent to Devialet a year ago due to a faulty DSP card and I suspect the Companion came back with the scratch/dull patch. I didn’t really inspect the units when I received them so the fault is my own.

Anyway, I found numerous products for polishing musical instruments at Thomann. Many of these products are probably suited for use with the aluminum cabinets from Devialet.

https://www.thomann.de/se/skoetsel_och_r...medel.html
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(07-Nov-2021, 12:48)MightyMart Wrote: Thanks, I will probably try to polish it myself, starting with one of my two remotes as a test.

The thing is, both my units got sent to Devialet a year ago due to a faulty DSP card and I suspect the Companion came back with the scratch/dull patch. I didn’t really inspect the units when I received them so the fault is my own.

Anyway, I found numerous products for polishing musical instruments at Thomann. Many of these products are probably suited for use with the aluminum cabinets from Devialet.

Don’t polish it, it will lost the color coating 100%
(13-Nov-2021, 23:12)PeppaPig Wrote:
(07-Nov-2021, 12:48)MightyMart Wrote: Thanks, I will probably try to polish it myself, starting with one of my two remotes as a test.

Don’t polish it, it will lost the color coating 100%
I have the Expert from 2012 in Chrome, not in dark Chrome. There is no difference in color and shine between the polished and unpolished Parts.

Germany.