Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrostatic speakers with Expert Pro?
I've a pair of Beveridge Electrostats that have been modified to be used with any amplifier instead of the original built in amplifiers.  The Expert Pro 220 sounds fantastic, but is lacking a bit of sheen in the high end.  I've read that electrostatic are quite particular about the amplifier used.  Does anyone have experience with 220 driving electrostatic speakers?
I hooked my Expert Pro 220 and my Expert Pro 250 up with Martin Logan Aerius speakers shortly before I sold the speakers, briefly replacing the NAD 7175PE receiver I had been using. (NOTE: they were already slotted for replacement with Graham Audio speakers. The brief pairing with the 220 and 250 was just to try the Devialets with electrostatics.)

I concur that electrostats can be particular. The NAD was a far better match than my previous pairings, probably because of the clean power it generates. But you want to know about the Devialets....

Broader sound stage, more detail than the NAD. I can't speak to your 'sheen' comment. My old setup was in an American family room, and the sound in general was a bit too bright with everything I tried. That changed slightly for the better during the week I auditioned the Devialets. Had I moved everything to the smaller, more enclosed room, I think the sound would have further improved.

Hopefully someone else has more experience with Devialet and electrostats.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
For me there is a perfect match between my D1000 and the Martin Logan ESL11, all connected to a Audioquest Niagara 5000 powerfilter.

Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL