Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estimated Phantom US release date?
I can get no info as to estimated Phantom/Silver Phantom/Dialog US release date even from US vendors advertised on Devialet's site. I've considered "gray marketing" such a system but replacing Schuko plugs with US AC plugs worries me warranty-wise although I suppose someone somewhere makes a US-to-Schuko wall adapter. Anyone here have any idea whatsoever of a US Phantom release date?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Manoet
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
You shouldn't need a wall adapter - the power cable isn't hard-wired. Just replace with a U.S.-standard power cable. I don't own one myself but from the pictures I've seen it's an IEC-type cable, the kind that most monitors and printers use (more or less rectangular on the device side). Someone who actually owns one can confirm. As far as availability I was told by a dealer (a few months ago) that they'd arrive in April but that may well have slipped. Note that, if you're already planning any kind of travel to Europe, at current exchange rates (and with the possibility of getting VAT refunded) it would be worth your while to get to Maison Devialet in Paris to purchase the Phantom.
Thanks 02nz! If correct its likely a C7 two pole connection plug... same as the old Sonos ZP 80/90 or newer Connect. You are correct in that the original April release has been quietly extended. The dealers I've spoken with haven't received any update tho one "guesstimates" June/July release and is taking full payments up front. But sending $5k + to an unknown dealer for two silver Phantoms with a Dialog on a "definite maybe" feels too risky. Hopefully there will be more info available after the Axpona event later this month.

Manoet 
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(03-Apr-2015, 09:48)Manoet Wrote: If correct its likely a C7 two pole connection plug... same as the old Sonos ZP 80/90 or newer Connect.

It's a C13 plug.
(03-Apr-2015, 10:18)EvPa Wrote:
(03-Apr-2015, 09:48)Manoet Wrote: If correct its likely a C7 two pole connection plug... same as the old Sonos ZP 80/90 or newer Connect.

It's a C13 plug.

Thanks, that makes it easier and better if high-end AC terminals/cables are desired.
I just use Eu to USA adaptor from Amazon, very secure connection, works great, try Colette mine arrived in 5 days insured with DHL perfectly packed.
(03-Apr-2015, 12:40)davidadamson Wrote: I just use Eu to USA adaptor from Amazon, very secure connection, works great,  try Colette mine arrived in 5 days insured with DHL perfectly packed.

Please pardon my ignorance but can you help with "Colette?" I did a Google search but couldn't find anything related. TIA!

Oops! Never mind, I found it. Thanks for that! Put two Silvers in the cart then found the Dialog "out of stock." Will pull the trigger on all 3 when everything's in stock for single shipment. And while I realize its a long-shot is there a Colette magic code discount for these?
(03-Apr-2015, 13:16)Manoet Wrote:
(03-Apr-2015, 12:40)davidadamson Wrote: I just use Eu to USA adaptor from Amazon, very secure connection, works great,  try Colette mine arrived in 5 days insured with DHL perfectly packed.

Please pardon my ignorance but can you help with "Colette?" I did a Google search but couldn't find anything related. TIA!

It's a store in Paris (rue Saint-Honoré, near the Tuileries garden).

You can order the Phantoms from them and they ship worldwide (via DHL, FedEx or UPS, depending on the destination):
http://www.colette.fr/catalogsearch/result/?q=devialet (unfortunately the Dialog is currently out-of-stock)

I ordered my Silver Phantoms (plus one Dialog) from them, they were shipped via UPS on Wednesday and arrived in Mauritius this morning, I will probably get them tomorrow or on Monday.
If anyone is interested in a Dialog I have one sitting in SF, CA that I would be willing to sell. I bought it to use with my 200 but I'm getting tired of waiting for it to work. I have all the original packaging including the box from Colette (and the nice little Colette shopping bag they threw in with it).
(03-Apr-2015, 17:11)DJ 04 Wrote: If anyone is interested in a Dialog I have one sitting in SF, CA that I would be willing to sell. I bought it to use with my 200 but I'm getting tired of waiting for it to work. I have all the original packaging including the box from Colette (and the nice little Colette shopping bag they threw in with it).

I sent you an email on the 3rd then a PM on the 4th regarding your Dialog asking for the particulars as I too am in the US. Don't know if you're not getting email or private messages, already sold it, decided not to sell it or? At any rate please let me know. Thanks!

Manoet