Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Weirdness
I found that, if I switch off the server, Air is disabled and it's set to never stream to this device when I switch back on.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
Hi thumb5.

The answer to both is yes..

Cheers

As i said.. it was working perfectly until i rearranged my room.

No settings have changed.
(02-Jun-2017, 08:10)Tremayne Wrote: I found that, if I switch off the server, Air is disabled and it's set to never stream to this device when I switch back on.

Hi Tremayne, I am pretty sure i would have noticed that but definitely something to look at again.

Thanks
(02-Jun-2017, 08:12)Saunter Wrote: Hi thumb5.

Cheers

Well, clearly something has changed...perhaps you should just rearrange your room back to how it was in the first place. Angel

My point was that AIR does not automatically connect itself to your Devialet unless you have configured it to do so (which perhaps you already knew) and therefore might need to be re-connected manually.

What was the result of your ping test?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Jun-2017, 07:35)Saunter Wrote: LOL... Mute is not on....  FMC = ?

FMC = Fiber Media Converter - the TP Links devices that take ethernet on one device use fiber to connect to another device, which outputs ethernet again, thereby isolating any electrical noise from the ethernet.

Few other things to check:
1) try a different ethernet cable (even if an inferior one). Sometimes the termination jiggles around making an unreliable connection
2) Keep the rightmost button on the remote pressed till you enter the diagnostic screens on the Dev, then repeatedly press it till you see the two vertical green/orange bars that show signal amplitude. Make sure that's showing an input signal when music is playing. That helps you decipher is the issue is between PC and Dev or Dev and speakers
3) I've messed this up once before - make sure you are connecting the speakers to the right binding posts, since it's easy to use the wrong ones. Step 2 should show dancing bars if this is the case.
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M
Thanks for all the responses...

Last night i turned my system on in order to check a few things.
I re plugged in the Ethernet cable for about the fifth time.
Ethernet worked without a hitch and without me changing anything.

Seems obvious that the cable has a problem, or at least the plug..

Thanks to all who tried to help.
(02-Jun-2017, 20:06)thumb5 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2017, 08:12)Saunter Wrote: Hi thumb5.

Cheers

Well, clearly something has changed...perhaps you should just rearrange your room back to how it was in the first place.  Angel

Now that is the funniest thing I have heard all week... Smile

No offense intended @SaunterAngel
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(03-Jun-2017, 02:56)Saunter Wrote: Thanks for all the responses...

Last night i turned my system on in order to check a few things.
I re plugged in the Ethernet cable for about the fifth time.
Ethernet worked without a hitch and without me changing anything.

Seems obvious that the cable has a problem, or at least the plug..

Thanks to all who tried to help.

You are welcome. I know how frustrating it is when theory says it shall work, but reality is stubborn and does not!
I'm happy for you that it is working now. Enjoy the music!
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Get a cable tester or if confident re plug the ends. Plugs are cheap but a cable tester isn't, there again a new cable is cheap. No good relying on a dodgy cable.
Hmmm,

Well my joy was short lived..

It is not working again and nothing has changed.

Is it possible that there is a problem with the Ethernet input on the amp ?