Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet after CoreInfinity upgrade
But do we need to have the AIR app instaled?
I didn´t need it before the CI...
I just can play music with a ethernet cable.
Is it possible to do it without, like before?
@BoyScout I am using Roon with its AIR integration. I have an ethernet connection to the Devialet. I have a small NUC running Roon Rock, no AIR drivers installed. I received back my Devialet with the upgraded Core Infinity. I just plugged everything back in, re inserted the SD cards and music played back via the newly named "AIR" input on the Devialet using ethernet.

That being said, I do have an issue with DSD playback which causes the Companion to shut down but I will tend to that this weekend.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(22-Dec-2017, 17:25)baddog Wrote: @BoyScout I am using Roon with its AIR integration. I have an ethernet connection to the Devialet. I have a small NUC running Roon Rock, no AIR drivers installed. I received back my Devialet with the upgraded Core Infinity. I just plugged everything back in, re inserted the SD cards and music played back via the newly named "AIR" input on the Devialet using ethernet.

That being said, I do have an issue with DSD playback which causes the Companion to shut down but I will tend to that this weekend.

I have the same problem of Companion shutting down whenever playing DSD (DSF files) and PCM with 176.4 sample rate.  My way to handle this problem for the time being, is to use the DSP engine of Roon to convert the signals to PCM 24/96, which works.   Obviously this is a bug yet to be solved.
(26-Dec-2017, 11:18)Avanti Wrote:
(22-Dec-2017, 17:25)baddog Wrote: @BoyScout I am using Roon with its AIR integration. I have an ethernet connection to the Devialet. I have a small NUC running Roon Rock, no AIR drivers installed. I received back my Devialet with the upgraded Core Infinity. I just plugged everything back in, re inserted the SD cards and music played back via the newly named "AIR" input on the Devialet using ethernet.

I have the same problem of Companion shutting down whenever playing DSD (DSF files) and PCM with 196.4 sample rate.  My way to handle this problem for the time being, is to use the DSP engine of Roon to convert the signals to PCM 24/96, which works.   Obviously this is a bug yet to be solved.
Thanks so much, guys,
I have all already fixed.
I have a new internet provider and a new router and iwas using to different wifi nets, that´s why.
Now all is normal like before. For now i just listen Tidal as a source, no larger format files.
We´ll see in a near future.
(26-Dec-2017, 11:18)Avanti Wrote:

I have the same problem of Companion shutting down whenever playing DSD (DSF files) and PCM with 196.4 sample rate.  My way to handle this problem for the time being, is to use the DSP engine of Roon to convert the signals to PCM 24/96, which works.   Obviously this is a bug yet to be solved.

Hi Avanti. Welcome, it’s nice to see you on here as well as the Roon Community Forum.
Thanks for the temporary workaround, it solves the problem of the Companion shutting down.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ethernet doesn't work for me since the upgrade. I've used both fixed ip (which worked pre CI) and DHCP, and no difference. I only get the green light on the back and the symbol on the Devialet show no connection with ethernet. I'm running beta 2.2. Any suggestions?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
@frejo So you have updated the firmware in your 220 Pro with the BETA4 firmware and tried reloading your configuration as well, and ethernet is not enabled?

Have you tried a different ethernet cable (I know highly unlikely but you never know)?

Have you tried rebooting the router?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
@baddog I have tried reloading but Ethernet symbol is still crossed. I don't use a router since I'm going directly from my computer to the Devialet via AIR Ethernet.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
That might be the problem. Try with router.
Have you tried a different ethernet cable to connect the NUC to the Devialet?
SXSW, US