Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
(27-Jun-2016, 14:12)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 13:43)warpeon Wrote: Just look closely at the first pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

which pic?

Guillaume

In post # 1, with the copper bottom plate. Zoom in to the power button - difficult to spot unless you knew what to look for.
(27-Jun-2016, 14:44)nicoludio Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 14:12)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 13:43)warpeon Wrote: Just look closely at the first pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

which pic?

Guillaume

In post # 1, with the copper bottom plate. Zoom in to the power button - difficult to spot unless you knew what to look for.

Great thank you. I think I was also asking warpeon to give me a view in terms of what it looked like in the flesh.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hopefully what Warpeon meant (as told by dealer) is that only a pair of Mono D250's can be upgraded, i.e D800 to a D1000 pro, and no option for single D250 to be upgraded.

Now if this is the case I may be in luck as I've a pair of D-Premiers, and hence just like these could previously be individually upgraded to D240's (then D250's) and a pair making a D800. Realise I may have to pay more than other's upgrading from a D800, but hopefully get the option for the upgrade.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Dealers are rarely right on anything (at least the ones I know) but I really hope it's true that the 250 can't be upgraded, this way I will never again be tempted to spend another single euro on any Devialet product. Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
warpeon's post said that 'Only 800 is upgradable initially'. I read this as D800 upgrades go to the front of the queue, but D250's will be upgradable later? Why would they not want to allow D250 upgrades? More business and lovely profit for Devialet....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Please please Devialet....... Announce something, full details, everything. End this speculation...... PLEASE.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Downgrade from 250 to 200+ with better result?
(27-Jun-2016, 16:11)ghosttipper Wrote: Downgrade from 250 to 200+ with better result?

This is too much, I think Devialet have driven all their owners to complete total and utter insanity..... Sad
Simplest possible explanation may be that they will launch the 1000 first, followed by the rest. Hence, only the 800 can be upgraded initially.

Alternatively, they could be phasing out the 250 since, at the same price, the 400 offers the benefit of dual mono operation but in a casing that is cheaper for D to manufacture.
Devialet doesn't deserve your voice of reason Nicoludio. Smile

I'm sure the 250 will be upgradable, just not initially at the launch of the D1000. I really hope I'm wrong though as I'm looking for the perfect reason to never ever spent a single dime with these French underperformers again.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands