Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000Pro CI Value
A few questions for the group. For better or worse I have decided to move on from my 1000Pro CI. Lots of factors for this but I have made the decision. The question is what is the value of an Expert - particularly the 1000? While contemplating the move I posted one of my 250s on Audiogon at about half the price of a new 250Pro CI (my usual 'valuation' for a used audio component). After a month I got loads of looks but no interest. So does that mean it was listed to high? Experts are less desirable then they used to be? There is more interest outside the USA in the Expert line (my listing was tagged as USA only)? If I expand the sale to beyond the US does the VAT taxes I keep hearing about make it prohibitively expensive? 

There are very few 250 / 1000 on the market so it makes it hard to understand what their value really is. On the other hand, the market is what the market is...there is a price at which they will sell - it just a question of where that price point is, and, how long it takes to find it. My desire is to not spend the next 4 months lowering the price bit by bit so I though others here on DevialetChat may have some helpful insight...

For those who may wonder I am now using a pair of Pass X-260.8 mono blocks, a Pass XP-12 Preamp, and Denafrips Venus ll DAC. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Dan
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
Some dealers offer trade-ins, e.g. Oxford Audio (https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/) - might be worth trying them to see what they'd offer for your 1000Pro
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Thanks, but I already own the new gear - it was a good price and they don't do trade-ins. Interestingly, one of my 250s was bought at Oxford Audio, shipped to me and I in turn shipped it off to France for the Pro/CI upgrade with another 250 I bought here in the US.

Good thought though.
New England
USA
I use https://www.hifishark.com/ to track value. There still aren't many 1000s sold, but at least you have some data to go by.
Thanks, that is my main source. And it’s nice that it shows the current for sale list as well as the ‘expired/sold’ list that includes prices, unlike Audiogon.

I appreciate your suggestion though.

Dan
New England
USA
round about 13000 Euro

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
@Elztalbiker - Thanks. I heard from someone else who had purchased a single 250Pro CI for $7500 about two years ago so your 13000 Euros is in the same range although maybe a little high. 

Thanks again - Dan
New England
USA
Agree. Think Original d’Atelier nr.1 went for (considerably) less in December. But could be mistaken.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I guess because there are not a lot of Devialets out there the numbers are all over the place. Currently HiFishark is showing 2 Original d’Ateliers - one for $10,900 and the other for $22,600, if the conversion to US dollars is accurate, pretty wide range!

Thanks for the input.
New England
USA
OdA is about 13000-15000 Euro.

1000 Pro should be the same. Don’t sell it if you don’t get the price you want. It won’t go much lower anyway.