Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 120 Line input problem
Hi All,

I have a Devialet Expert 120 for last 4 years, bought second hand.
It has been working fine all this time till recently I experienced a continuous hum (150Hz like) from the line input even when nothing is attached to Line 1. It reduces slightly when Line 1 is connected to a source.
I have done the following expecting it to go off.

01. Changed the Power Socket / Power Cord/ even ran it from a Battery->Perfect Sine wave inverter.
02. Reset the device to Factory Config.
03. Removed all inputs expect the Line from the configurator. (no WIFI as well)
04. Changed input gain settings from the Configurator.
05. Changed Interconnections/ rack position/ changed to a input to a different phase/ etc.

Still I get the issue.

One notable observation is that the hum disappears when the Line 1 input is configured as Phono.
Tried with Devialet help, BUT they tried their best with some suggestions as I mentioned above with no improvement.

Has anyone from the group experienced the same and would appreciate any help towards a resolution.?

Thanks and regards,

Lanka from Sri Lanka.
I think (but am not sure) that the line in/phono card for the 120 was an extra which means it can be removed/re-inserted. Try to remove it, inspect the connector, then re-insert/mount it carefully again. If this doesn't remove the hum and none of your other troubleshooting helps I'm afraid there is an error in the card itself and it must be repaired or changed.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB