Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 140 or 220 in combination with the B&W 705 Signature?
Which version of the Devialet expert pro would be the right match for these speakers? The more power the beter? Or is the 140 expert pro more than sufficient? Furthermore, does anyone has recent experience with regards to buying a wall mount for the expert pro? 

Thanks!
With Devialet, more power is better, especially when your speakers have a SAM profile which is the case for the B&W 705 signature.

I had a similar experience with my own system. My 120 never felt limited and I was listening at -6dB on very dynamic classical CDs.

But when it got upgraded to a 220, although I’m now listening to -8dB on the same CDs, which is the same level overall, I got a gain in the bass compartment with almost twice the power available for SAM than before and that was a difference.

So if you have the budget, that would be my recommendation.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(23-May-2022, 18:09)kermak Wrote: Which version of the Devialet expert pro would be the right match for these speakers? The more power the beter? Or is the 140 expert pro more than sufficient? Furthermore, does anyone has recent experience with regards to buying a wall mount for the expert pro? 

Thanks!

Recommended amplifier power according to  B&W is 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
So 140 should be more than sufficient imho

I would spent the extra 3K on floorstanding speakers in the same line,
i think that difference will be much bigger than the more powerfull amp,
especially in the lower.

I play my Olympica Nova V on Expert Pro 140, maybe i upgrade one day to 210 / 220, i head them on a dual 140 when i purchased the speakers, but for now it sounds just fine to me :-)
(23-May-2022, 18:09)kermak Wrote: Which version of the Devialet expert pro would be the right match for these speakers? The more power the beter? Or is the 140 expert pro more than sufficient? Furthermore, does anyone has recent experience with regards to buying a wall mount for the expert pro? 

Thanks!

I bought the wall mount because i did not know about this forum.
Was thinking about making my own, but the holes for the mount fooled me by looking more advanced then i tought.
The rubber from the feet is visible thru the mounting holes, so i tought the wall mount had some fancy locking "fingers".
Turned out to just be some small rounded rectangles.
If you have the money you could buy the wall mount. Looks really pretty though.

I made a stand for mine right next to my computer. Had to screw it into the desk to secure it.

Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX