Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 200 via Denon 4700 Pre Out
Hi,

I've very recently opted to upgrade my existing equipment which I'd been using for around 25 years.

Working on a limited budget I invested in a Devon AVC-4700 for HT use with a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.4's. Very happy with the Denon's abilities with movies and the Wharfedale's I believe are the best I could get in my budget. My budget was reliant on selling my old equipment and also relying on the Denon to handle music duties.

The music part really wasn't working for me, long story short I ended up listening to a 200 Expert and buying a used one. I'm skint but very happy with the set up now.

I hadn't allowed for new cables when buying and had setup the 2 amps using a pair of phono leads I've had around 25 years which I probably paid £4 for back then.

My question is with a budget of around £50-60 is there a set of leads that people could suggest that'd be best for the job?

Thank you for your time in advance and for all the info I've gleaned from the many posts I've already ready.

MM
The Chord C-Line rca interconnect has good reviews and might suit your use. I'd suggest you try to use the Devialet amp from input (USB for example) to output for music and configure the line input on the D as HT bypass. That would give the best sound for stereo music and optimal use for HT.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thank you, that's exactly what I've done.

So far so good!