Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 220 Pro with Focal Sopra N 2
Hi guys, wanted to know if Focal Sopra N2 would be good match for my 220 Pro. Thank you.
I'm using a 130 Pro with Sopra 2s and I love the combination. I think the 220 Pro would be a very good match.

I will say one thing, however, and that is that I find the combination of Devialet and Sopra to be extremely sensitive to system and room conditions, especially the room. In my system the Sopras replaced a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.3SEs which had a darker/warmer sound. If your system and/or room has a tendency to any characteristic, you will probably hear that characteristic more strongly than you are used to hearing it so be prepared to do some work on your setup in order to get the combination to sing but it sings extremely well when you get things right.

I've got a difficult room. It's L-shaped with 2 large open archway entrances, one from an open plan area and the other from a hallway. One corner is cut off at 45 degrees because of a bend in the hallway. There are large window areas on the wall behind the speakers and on the much smaller rear wall behind the listening position. My Dynaudios were stand mounted 2 ways with a rear firing port and loaded the room very differently to the Sopras and getting things to the point where I was very happy took quite a bit of time. I'm still finding ways to fine tune things slightly 6 months after getting the Sopras. Most rooms aren't as awkward as mine to deal with so you may very well not have the same issues as I did.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
thank you
You could always measure it with REW or something and visualize what the problem is.