Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 440 Pro CI
Unfortunately I just lost hearing in 1 ear, so my beloved, highly respected 440 Pro CI is for sale. With the right speakers, room acoustics and power cables these amps are able to create the illusion of a complete 4 dimensional (sounds moving in space) venue with musicians playing real instruments. Feed this amp with a good turntable or optimized network and it will produce an incredibly tuneful, pure, natural rendition of music being created in a venue, with all the vigour, verve and colour of a live performance. What you’ll hear are musicians playing instruments in a venue, with all the space, timing, rhythmic interactions and subtle details and spatial cues in tact and most beautifully presented. If you’re looking for purity, feelings and emotion, state of the art imaging and complete involvement in the music, these amps can deliver all that.  I am the first owner. The amps are in as-supplied original condition and have never required any attention. The units come with a remote control, all the original packing, bags, white gloves, power cords and umbillical cables.  

The unit was in use until a month ago, when my hearing catastrophe happened. The amp has always been used in a small room playing through Magico S1MkII speakers  (also for sale) at an average 70-75db  with peaks to 85dB, so the amps have never put out anything like their maximum 400W per channel. That sound level was perfect for my room with everything sounding highly realistic, powerful and physical. 

To buy a brand new version of these amps would cost you £13,400 less any discount you can squeeze. 
At £7,400 my amps, in perfect working condition, will save you £6,000 and deliver identical performance. I can also supply specific Devialet Spec. Power cables from Synergistic Research if you want to increase the performance envelope to match the above.  So let me know if you’re interested. Im in NE England.  I am still able to demo but as soon as other components sell, that capability ends, so if you’re interested and want a demo you’ll need to be quick.  FYI 1 amp has a very small imperfection on the Crome about 2mm in size that was there when the amps arrived. You can not easily see it because the chrome reflects so much the reflections hide it. 

I’m not buying, but I wanted to say that I’m deeply sorry for what happened to your ear.

All the best,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Sorry to hear about your hearing, and good luck with your sale.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
My amp is now SOLD