Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Convolution ?
As a relatively new owner of an Expert 120, I'm amazed at what this device can do. 
One thing that would be awesome would be the ability to upload and run my own convolution. 

I know this must be possible as this is what SAM does. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to do it or if it's something that devialet plans to offer ?
Use software like roon ..it sees the devialet as an end point and will stream direct and has a dsp engine which includes convolution
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(02-Apr-2018, 08:42)whatmore Wrote: As a relatively new owner of an Expert 120, I'm amazed at what this device can do. 
One thing that would be awesome would be the ability to upload and run my own convolution. 

I know this must be possible as this is what SAM does. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to do it or if it's something that devialet plans to offer ?

There isn’t and no they’re not planning it. Do what Rodney said above Smile
There are free DIY ways or software/people that can create them for you.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I already use convolution via Roon for my digital music. If I could run the convolution in my devialet then I could apply it to my analog music too.
That's what I'm after.
That’s what many of us want for the same reasons....
But that doesn’t make it any more likely to happen. Devialet isn’t a ‘what customers want’ kind of company sadly.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I suspect that the new CI board and OS are capable of processing the requirements of convolution. But, given Devialet's track record with software and the numerous "challenges" they're addressing with the new CI board, I wouldn't hold my breath on this. But you're right - given SAM, it should be in the Expert Pro's future.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Apr-2018, 16:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Devialet isn’t a ‘what customers want’ kind of company sadly.

Fixed that for you  Tongue
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(02-Apr-2018, 15:43)whatmore Wrote: I already use convolution via Roon for my digital music. If I could run the convolution in my devialet then I could apply it to my analog music too.
That's what I'm after.

+1. It would be great being able to run convolution in Devialet.

Have you already contacted Devialet and asked for this feature? What did they say? Shy
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I'm with @Rodney Gold and @Hifi_swlon here. I doubt Devialet would ever bother to add convolution to their designs. And imagine how buggy this would be! Probably unusable for a long time after release.
It would be nice though. I've been waiting for this since 2012. See this thread from 2014 on the subject: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=47
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB