Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Alternatives
(03-Oct-2020, 11:02)Zappydev Wrote: Everything seems back to normal on the website, including purchases and saved configurations. Let's see if anything new comes along!

On my side nothing is back to normal. All informations and links related to firmware and drivers for expert are still wrongs, my registered products are still missing... 
Of course I cleaned also the cache of my webbrowser first.
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
(03-Oct-2020, 11:34)oxfordaudio Wrote: Hang fire, news coming soon.

Well, most knows the story, I think that we must not start crying wolf...
Holy shit! A new expert upgrade for 5000$ to get the expert pro V2 core alpha infinity now, with upcoming new software in 2023, Amazing!
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
Got the news update for Monday internally confirmed
(03-Oct-2020, 17:06)markush Wrote: Got the news update for Monday internally confirmed

Thank you Markush.
I trust that last time you announced something will be released according internal information you got, nothing happened. 
How are you connected to devialet, what kind of information did you get, and how can you be sure?
For the life of me, I cannot figure out Devialet. They have been advertising a Newsletter for which I signed up ages ago. Yet I have never seen anything but marketing material. If they are, in fact, releasing an update soon for the Expert/Expert Pro, it would have been the perfect time to have sent out a Newsletter describing what they've been doing and what to expect (perhaps even including why their website is such a mess at present). Who knows... perhaps we'll learn more on Monday.

@markush - I greatly appreciate you sharing your inside info. Sorry to vent my frustrations and skepticism. If you have such connections within Devialet, please convey just how much they are in need of a better (or any) communication strategy.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Oct-2020, 22:10)Jan Wrote:
(02-Oct-2020, 20:38)qwaszxxx Wrote: It's becoming clearer and clearer that Devialet is ending support for the Expert Pro line. 

Between the failure to update the Remote app, Air on Mac, the many issues people continue to report with the configurator, now the blanked out account pages on the Devialet website, I'd be curious if others like me are considering their options. 

Seen a few comparisons between the Expert Pros and the Hegel H390/590. Curious what others board members have considered or are considering?

I cannot save my config file 
I need a Sam fore Martin Logan with my 250 pro

Jan, just in case try turning on the WiFi connection option in your configuration. I also have Martin Logan speakers (need to update my sig) and couldn’t get a working config file to load onto a 220Pro. Although I don’t use it and would rather have it off, turning on WiFi (just that, don’t configure it to connect to anything) worked.

Hope it helps!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-Oct-2020, 22:10)Jan Wrote:
(02-Oct-2020, 20:38)qwaszxxx Wrote: It's becoming clearer and clearer that Devialet is ending support for the Expert Pro line. 

Between the failure to update the Remote app, Air on Mac, the many issues people continue to report with the configurator, now the blanked out account pages on the Devialet website, I'd be curious if others like me are considering their options. 

Seen a few comparisons between the Expert Pros and the Hegel H390/590. Curious what others board members have considered or are considering?

I cannot save my config file 
I need a Sam fore Martin Logan with my 250 pro

Jan, just in case try turning on the WiFi connection option in your configuration. I also have Martin Logan speakers (need to update my sig) and couldn’t get a working config file to load onto a 220Pro. Although I don’t use it and would rather have it off, turning on WiFi (just that, don’t configure it to connect to anything) worked.

Hope it helps!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe a big news to announce Expert Remote will be fix soon!
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
I absolutely do understand being sceptical Smile
Having been with Devialet since the start it’s exciting to see how things evolved - but on the other side definitely sad to see how Expert line got neglected in recent years. Most may know that unfortunately the whole management team changed - and so the plans with Expert line which were a lot more ambitious.
Believe me I have invested a lot of energy & time to raise awareness inside Devialet and tried keep an constant exchange with them.
The firmware update I already told you some time back has been scheduled for Q2/Q3 2020.
There has already been some beta testing for it over the months. And I am glad to finally some progress since the last update done in February 2019.
(03-Oct-2020, 19:26)markush Wrote: I absolutely do understand being sceptical Smile
Having been with Devialet since the start it’s exciting to see how things evolved - but on the other side definitely sad to see how Expert line got neglected in recent years. Most may know that unfortunately the whole management team changed - and so the plans with Expert line which were a lot more ambitious.
Believe me I have invested a lot of energy & time to raise awareness inside Devialet and tried keep an constant exchange with them.
The firmware update I already told you some time back has been scheduled for Q2/Q3 2020.
There has already been some beta testing for it over the months. And I am glad to finally some progress since the last update done in February 2019.

What happened to Devialet management, I only know they have new investors, are the original founders still there & involve in day to day operations?

Just noticed on the Devialet (EU) site the D250 and D1000 are back in stock but in new Matte Black finish.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner