Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 Pro and non pro remote
I purchased a Devialet 250 from a dealer.  This was one of two units that were part of a Devialet 1000.  The remote that was sent with the unit was not the 250 “version” of the remote but rather the same as my 220.  When I initially tried to pair the two the inputs would change but the volume control did not work.  

I was able to get the remote to connect and volume to work only after selecting the second remote on the Remote Count section of the remote configuration.  Everything works now but just curious if anyone else has run across this issue. Is this the only way to resolve the problem?  Is there is a link between the 250 and the original remote?

If I buy a 250 remote will I have the same issue?

(Up to the latest version of firmware)
Devialet Expert 250 Pro| Wilson Audio Yvette | Audience AU24 SX powerChord | Audience Adept Response Power Conditioner | SilverSmith Audio Fidelium | Roon ROCK Lifetime | IsoAcoustics iso-puc, IsoAcoustics GAIA| Oppo UDP-205 | Tidal |
It should work with both remotes. I used both the remote control from 250 to 140 and 220, and vice versa. From what you wrote, I believe that you paired both remote controls with the amplifier.
Have you tried to remove the batteries from the remote control you don't want to use and see if the other one works normally (this with only one remote control set in the configurator)?
Just a question, did you connect the 3,5mm -3,5mm jack trigger-cable between both units? This way the amp are synchronised by control. Devialet supplies a Audioquest 3.5mm jack-jack within the Pro 1000 bundle.

Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
(11-Jan-2024, 06:47)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: It should work with both remotes. I used both the remote control from 250 to 140 and 220, and vice versa. From what you wrote, I believe that you paired both remote controls with the amplifier.
Have you tried to remove the batteries from the remote control you don't want to use and see if the other one works normally (this with only one remote control set in the configurator)?

I only have one remote (the one shipped to me with the 250).  It works great as long as I have the remote count set to 2.  But as soon as I select only 1 remote in the configuation the volume stops working.  

I do have a 220 (my old unit) in the house.  I will have to check if the batteries are in that one.  Thanks for idea!
Devialet Expert 250 Pro| Wilson Audio Yvette | Audience AU24 SX powerChord | Audience Adept Response Power Conditioner | SilverSmith Audio Fidelium | Roon ROCK Lifetime | IsoAcoustics iso-puc, IsoAcoustics GAIA| Oppo UDP-205 | Tidal |
(11-Jan-2024, 09:38)DUTCHDevialet Wrote: Just a question, did you connect the 3,5mm -3,5mm jack trigger-cable between both units? This way the amp are synchronised by control. Devialet supplies a Audioquest 3.5mm jack-jack within the Pro 1000 bundle.

I would assume the dealer that sold it to me had the jack installed when he was using it as a 1000 pair.  Are you aware of a way to de-synchronize the unit?  I looked in the manual but I didn’t see anything.

And thanks for the reply.
(12-Jan-2024, 03:33)goten1969 Wrote:
(11-Jan-2024, 09:38)DUTCHDevialet Wrote: Just a question, did you connect the 3,5mm -3,5mm jack trigger-cable between both units? This way the amp are synchronised by control. Devialet supplies a Audioquest 3.5mm jack-jack within the Pro 1000 bundle.

I would assume the dealer that sold it to me had the jack installed when he was using it as a 1000 pair.  Are you aware of a way to de-synchronize the unit?  I looked in the manual but I didn’t see anything.

Sorry, can't help you with this. I have 2 pc. Pro 250 units (Pro 1000 bundle) working in bridged mode (using AQ Carbon spdif/coax) with trigger in between. The amps came with 2 remotes (1 still boxed) and are controlled by 1 remote. I selected trigger function in configurater, also I selected brigded mode. All is working... Maybe somebody else can advice you, sorry!
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
(12-Jan-2024, 08:30)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:
(12-Jan-2024, 03:33)goten1969 Wrote:

Sorry, can't help you with this. I have 2 pc. Pro 250 units (Pro 1000 bundle) working in bridged mode (using AQ Carbon spdif/coax) with trigger in between. The amps came with 2 remotes (1 still boxed) and are controlled by 1 remote. I selected trigger function in configurater, also I selected brigded mode. All is working... Maybe somebody else can advice you, sorry!

I am wondering now if a 250 remote would have the same problem....  I will have to start looking for one...

I have owned the 130 and 220 and I have to admit the 250 was an excellent step up.  Everything about the performance was increased and the sound is effortless.

This leads me to my question of the 1000.   Have you ever used a 250?  What would you say is the biggest improvement in performance between a single 250 and the 1000 pair? 

If any other 1000 owners have any feedback it would be welcomed.
(12-Jan-2024, 22:05)goten1969 Wrote:
(12-Jan-2024, 08:30)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:
(12-Jan-2024, 03:33)goten1969 Wrote: I would assume the dealer that sold it to me had the jack installed when he was using it as a 1000 pair.  Are you aware of a way to de-synchronize the unit?  I looked in the manual but I didn’t see anything.

I am wondering now if a 250 remote would have the same problem....  I will have to start looking for one...

I have owned the 130 and 220 and I have to admit the 250 was an excellent step up.  Everything about the performance was increased and the sound is effortless.

This leads me to my question of the 1000.   Have you ever used a 250?  What would you say is the biggest improvement in performance between a single 250 and the 1000 pair? 

If any other 1000 owners have any feedback it would be welcomed.
In general everything is improved ,mostly dynamic,soundstage,speed,control,bass texture.

But in my setup changing from 250 to 1000 resulting in more (clinicall) sound
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug