Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro - Roon Ready not working or disappearing
Has anyone experienced Roon Ready either disappearing completely or simply not working on their Expert Pro?

Since the last update, I've had Roon Ready issues a few times.   One time, Roon simply couldn't see Roon Ready on the Devialet, although AIR still worked fine.   Yesterday, Roon saw Roon Ready and acted like it would play to it, but it simply wouldn't work.  No error in the Roon UI.  It just wouldn't start playing,  AIR, however, worked fine.   In both cases, a full Expert Pro power cycle fixed the problem.   It rarely happens so I'm not too concerned but am curious if it's just me or if others have seen this.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I don't think I have ever had the can't see the Devialet issue but I have had the won't play issue. I'll press play and the progress bar at the bottom will bounce backwards and forwards but not play any sound. It is a very rare occurrence and hasn't been tied to the latest update for me. A full power cycle fixes the problem. I'd say on average it has happened about once a year.
(28-Jan-2021, 18:29)mdconnelly Wrote: Has anyone experienced Roon Ready either disappearing completely or simply not working on their Expert Pro?

Since the last update, I've had Roon Ready issues a few times.   One time, Roon simply couldn't see Roon Ready on the Devialet, although AIR still worked fine.   Yesterday, Roon saw Roon Ready and acted like it would play to it, but it simply wouldn't work.  No error in the Roon UI.  It just wouldn't start playing,  AIR, however, worked fine.   In both cases, a full Expert Pro power cycle fixed the problem.   It rarely happens so I'm not too concerned but am curious if it's just me or if others have seen this.

Not possible connecting to another Wifi network you previously have joined and was remembered by your device? I've had that myself once.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(28-Jan-2021, 21:23)iamwappie Wrote:
(28-Jan-2021, 18:29)mdconnelly Wrote: Has anyone experienced Roon Ready either disappearing completely or simply not working on their Expert Pro?

Not possible connecting to another Wifi network you previously have joined and was remembered by your device? I've had that myself once.

Good thought but no, not using wifi at all and have it disabled in my Expert Pro.  I'm using a static IP.  This was a clear problem with RAAT as installed on my Expert Pro.  I've only seen this since the last Devialet OS/firmware release so I'm pretty certain it's related to that.   But since it is not remotely possible to reproduce it, I haven't bothered logging a ticket on it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
Yes, I've had my 140 lose the Roon Ready connection and still retain the AIR connection with Roon a few times. I can go weeks without it happening and then get it 2 or 3 times in as many days. My Roon Nucleus+ and 140 are both connected to my network via ethernet. I'm using an EtherRegen as the ethernet switch and the 140 is connected to the B side 100 mbps port on the EtherRegen.

Rebooting the 140 and/or the Nucleus+ tends to solve the problem but it is frustrating and annoying.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A - interesting... rebooting my NUC running ROCK does not resolve the problem. Each time this has occurred I’ve had to fully power cycle my Expert Pro to restore Roon Ready. While it happens very infrequently, my guess is that the latest release of Devialet’s OS/firmware has made Roon Ready just slightly unstable. But it happens so rarely that I can’t see what might be triggering it to fail.
Durham, NC USA
With Roon the last 2 years on perhaps 2 or 3 occasions after a mains cut-out I have to recycle and restart my Innuos Roon Core. Otherwise faultless.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
I'm having the same problems lately. Every day at least once Roon RAAT can't find my D220. Possibly has to do with the 1000mbps connection with my Bonn N8 switch. I'm gonna test a different ethernet cable that can only provide 100mbps next week.

Did some tests this weekend with Air cable, Air wifi and RAAT wifi but i don't like those in comparison to RAAT ethernet. In my system RAAT ethernet the music flows more, it's more organic en natural than the other options.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I have also seen in Roon forum users who have this problem and who also use Bonn N8 switch.
Testing with a different switch (cisco meraki 220). Looks like the dropouts are les, but they are still there. Unfortunatly not the final soloution.

Also testing with Roon Air instead of Roon RAAT. With Air Roon sometimes tells me “device in use”. What can be the problem here?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands