Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly
This thread might help too…..
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Sleep-mo...l-receiver

It’s was/still is the cause for me!
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
Yes, i hope you all open tickets at the Devialet customer care!
Maybe they wil fix this irritating problem...
I have been e-mailing with them for 2 months, last year, because of this.
My HiFi dealer let me lend his demonstration 250. This also switched on. So it's not only my 440 that has the problem.

The connection between the remote and the amp is not secure. They use the Zigbee protocol. It's a kind of WiFi protocol. This is also being used by Apple, Philips Hue, and a lot of other electronics.
Devialet 440pro Core Infinity - Auralic Vega G2 - B&W 803 D4
(18-Mar-2023, 15:00)Ron Wrote: Yes, i hope you all open tickets at the Devialet customer care!
Maybe they wil fix this irritating problem...
I have been e-mailing with them for 2 months, last year, because of this.
My HiFi dealer let me lend his demonstration 250. This also switched on. So it's not only my 440 that has the problem.

Hmmm. If the problem persists with two different Pros, don’t you think it’s time to start thinking about what is different from your setup compared to those who don’t have the problem? Does your dealer have the same issue with the Pro you borrowed?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The problem is in the environment where you place the amp. As i have tested with 2 different amp (my own(440) and the one from my dealer(250)). The 250 worked fine at the store.

Devialet made me perform al sort of tests.

If there are other electronics(?) in the neighborhood using the Zigbee protocol, these communications break into the protocol of the remote to the amp. This switches on, and sometimes off.
Since this protocol is being used more and more often, more and more Devialet owners will have these issues.
Sometimes the cause is something really simple low tech you need to check first. I had the same problem. I fixed it by supporting the power cables running into both Devialets.

The weight of the Shunyata power cables seems to make the cables sag just a little bit compromising the connection, and causing an intermittent power supply. Seems the IEC inlet on the Devialet doesn’t grip the power cable enough to prevent that from happening.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
If i switch the amp off using the Devialet iPad-app, and give a long push on the front button, the amp stays off.
If i switch the amp off using the remote, it comes a life again, and again...
So the issue must be inside the amp.

The problems started with a new downstairs neighbor. He has an Apple TV box.
See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Sleep-mo...l-receiver
Around that time nothing else has changed in the set-up.

I do have Audioquest Monsoon power cables to replace the original ones (also Audioquest). These are shielded and a bit thicker, but nothing extreem.
It would seem that the neighbour's Apple TV is the problem but…

I've got an Apple TV and I've never noticed the problem but that's because I live alone, my Apple TV is in a different room to my Expert Pro and I'm the only person who's ever going to use my Expert Pro or Apple TV, so I'm never going to notice what the Expert Pro is doing while I'm using the Apple TV, I'm not in the same room as the Apple TV.

So as an experiment I took my Apple TV remote into the room where the Expert Pro is. I always turn my Expert Pro on and off using its remote, turning it off with a long press on the remote's power button. I had the amp turned off. In turn I pressed every button on my Apple TV remote including the power button while standing a bit closer to the amp than I usually sit so I could see the display window on the top of the amp. None of the buttons on my Apple TV remote had any effect on my Expert Pro, it remained off no matter what button on the Apple TV remote I pressed. I repeated the experiment holding the Apple TV remote behind my Expert Pro and in clear line of sight with the Expert Pro's antenna. My amp did not turn on.

Can you ask your downstairs neighbour whether you can borrow his Apple TV remote for a few minutes, go upstairs to your Devialet while it has been turned off with its remote, and see if any of the buttons on your neighbour's Apple TV remote turn your amp on. Try this with the amp turned off using the iPad app and a long push on the front button and also when the amp is turned off using its remote. If you can't make your amp turn on with the Apple TV remote in the same room as the amp then I doubt it's the Apple TV remote which is turning your amp on while its downstairs.

If the Apple TV remote can turn your amp on, does it turn on when the amp has been turned off in both of the ways you mentioned or only when it has been turned off with the amp's remote? If it only turns on when the amp has been turned off with the amp's remote, how do you turn it off with the amp's remote? Do you just turn it off by pressing the power button on the remote or do you do a long press on the power button on the amp's remote? If you turned it off by just pressing the remote's power button then turn the amp off with a long press on the power button and repeat the experiment with the Apple TV remote again.

If the amp stays off after turning it off with a long press on the amp's remote power button then you have 2 options to solve the problem, either turn the amp off using the iPad remote app together with a long press on the amp's front button or turn it off with a long press on the amp's remote power button. If the amp stays off when turned off with the iPad remote and the long press on the front button then just get used to turning the amp off that way every time because doing that solves the problem and waiting for Devialet to come up with some other solution is going to leave you living with the problem for a very long time. You can't expect a fix from Devialet.

I am not suggesting that my experiment with my Apple TV's remote proves that the Apple TV remote can't trigger a Devialet to turn on. I'm using the latest Apple TV with the remote it came with. Perhaps there's been a change in the remotes for the Apple TV over time and some Apple TV remotes can turn a Devialet on and some can't, perhaps there's something off about my specific Apple TV remote.Perhaps it's a pairing issue. If your neighbour's Apple TV remote can turn your Devialet on, do any of your Devialet remote's controls do anything with your neighbour's Apple TV? If so then replacing either your Devialet remote or the neighbour's Apple TV remote and then pairing the new remote with its device might solve the problem.

But whether or not the Apple TV remote downstairs is turning your amp on or whether the problem is something else, the simple fact is that if the problem does not occur if you turn the amp off by using the iPad remote app and then a long press on the front button, then the simplest and quickest way to solve the problem is to always turn the amp off that way. It may be even simpler just to turn the amp off with a long press on the amp's front button because if turning the amp off with the iPad remote without then long pressing the amp's front button doesn't stop the amp from turning on occasionally then it's just the long press on the amp's front button that's preventing the problem because that long press on the front button turns the amp off rather than just putting it into standby mode. You might also try seeing whether turning the amp off with a long press on the Devialet remote's power button solves the problem if you're just using a short press when you turn the amp off with that remote.

You've effectively identified the solution to your problem in the first sentence of your response above.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(20-Mar-2023, 18:23)Ron Wrote: If i switch the amp off using the Devialet iPad-app, and give a long push on the front button, the amp stays off.
If i switch the amp off using the remote, it comes a life again, and again...
So the issue must be inside the amp.

The problems started with a new downstairs neighbor. He has an Apple TV box.
See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Sleep-mo...l-receiver
Around that time nothing else has changed in the set-up.

I do have Audioquest Monsoon power cables to replace the original ones (also Audioquest). These are shielded and a bit thicker, but nothing extreem.
A short press of the power button on the physical remote control will put the D into standby and a long press will turn it off. Exactly the same as using the button on the D. I don’t think the issue is with your amp.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
This is very interesting. I have now the same problem , after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet, to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
(22-Mar-2023, 09:36)haber Wrote: This is very interesting. I have now the same problem , after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet,  to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?

There are three possibilities when you use the front button. 
Very short press: changes input. 
Slightly longer press: standby.
Long press: off

It’s a bit hit and miss so I never use my front button and always fire up/power down the amps or change input via roon or the Devialet app. I only use the physical remote for volume and menu duties.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England