Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert amps remember SAM settings across FW changes
I had been running 8.1.3 with SAM set at 50%.  I then reverted to 7.1.3 just to see whether it is any better (not a straightforward comparison as my speakers are SAM2 only).  I then reinstalled 8.1.3 and when I re-booted the unit I was surprised to see that SAM was still set to 50% rather the initial default setting of 100%.

It therefore seems that the SAM setting persists from the previous 8.1.3 install.  Strange, I would have thought that installing an older version of FW would clear the parameters of features it doesn't support? Obviously not. Tone control settings, balance etc are, of course, preserved across FW installs. I suppose SAM % is stored in the same area as them.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Yes, I noticed this. I guess there's some NVRAM or something storing these settings.