Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert boots up as 2.0 when 2.1 seems enabled
Thanks, @David A ... It's a puzzlement, I see.

I wrote to Devialet so we'll see if they have anything to say about it. If not, I can live with it the way it is. I'll just monitor the temps for a while.

That reminds me: Do you folks know what temps are acceptable? If I see 90°C I'll probably back off, haha.
(28-May-2019, 21:02)phantomtides Wrote: Jean-Marie, mon frère!

Vraiment? C'est un 250 maintenant? Pas de merde?!

Une mille mercis! (Désolé — mon français est horrible. Les Américains sont toujours étrangers dans le monde, oui?)

Et merci encore!

You are very welcome and I'm glad I could help.

and I appreciate the effort to speak french... you just need to practice a bit more and it will be perfect! Wink

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
@phantomtides You’re welcome of course and glad you found the cause of the issue! Now Devialet will hopefully resolve it.

Regarding temperatures, don’t worry, the Devialet is well protected against overheating so you’ll know when it does get too hot and shuts down. I’ve seen temperatures up to around 60 here in bypass mode when it’s working hard but usually around the 40’s (celcius). There’s many topics that discuss temperatures if you’re worried.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-May-2019, 07:11)Jean-Marie Wrote: You are very welcome and I'm glad I could help.

and I appreciate the effort to speak french... you just need to practice a bit more and it will be perfect! Wink

Jean-Marie

J-M,

I haven't studied French since high school, and I get few opportunities to practice. The latest was a few years ago in Montréal, where they speak some crow-pigeon squeak-drone they call French — don't worry, I am not fooled. I also note that the pitiful state of the world's diplomacy coincides with the decline in French speaking. Coincidence? Peut-être. Ou peut-être non.

My Spanish is slightly better, and I do try in French or Spanish when I am traveling. I think people are grateful for the effort, especially when dealing with Americans. (What? We don't own the entire world?! "Plus des glaçons dans mon eau, vite, vite!") As my daughter asked many years ago in a museum in Venice when she was 7 years old: "Daddy, why is everybody who is yelling speaking in English?" Too smart for her own good! She is 20 (yesterday!), fluent in Spanish and just beginning French, thank goodness.

Enough autobiography. Thank you very much again!
(29-May-2019, 10:34)Antoine Wrote: @phantomtides You’re welcome of course and glad you found the cause of the issue! Now Devialet will hopefully resolve it.

Regarding temperatures, don’t worry, the Devialet is well protected against overheating so you’ll know when it does get too hot and shuts down. I’ve seen temperatures up to around 60 here in bypass mode when it’s working hard but usually around the 40’s (celcius). There’s many topics that discuss temperatures if you’re worried.

Ah, excellent. My temps are holding in the mid-40s, and I know there is class-A processing and a CPU heating up, so as long as it's there, that seems no worry. And you're correct — I should have searched temps first. Sorry 'bout that, so double-thanks for indulging me!
@phantomtides no apologies necessary of course! I just mentioned that there’s some (older) topics about the temperatures if you’d wanted to read more about it. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands