Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ExpertPro - remote with display on it?
Hi crew, 
Would you be Interested to buy ExpertPro remote with display on it? Or, better to say If Devialet rise the price for Devialet for 50-100€ / $ in order to provide display on remote would you pay for it?

Btw, it’s really inconvenient always to take mobile phone when want to change the source (to be able to see the current source)  or, if you want to see the temperature of your Dev, than you have to come to Dev. 

Me first, I would pay up to 100€ more for such remote. 

Thanks 
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
100 € more on the remote? 350-400 € for an Expert 120 remote?
Honestly I would be happy with a decent smartphone app, able to access all the functions of the amp. The current one is good only for volume and source control.
(12-May-2021, 08:01)Lilitti Wrote: 100 € more on the remote? 350-400 € for an Expert 120 remote?
Honestly I would be happy with a decent smartphone app, able to access all the functions of the amp. The current one is good only for volume and source control.

I don't know how did you get to 350-400E for Expert 120 remote? I assume that all Devialets' Expert devices share the same remote unit?

Anyhow, for me is also pretty strange that Devialet's smartphone app doesn't have other functions as well? But just volume, on-off, and change the source.
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(20-May-2021, 11:46)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(12-May-2021, 08:01)Lilitti Wrote: 100 € more on the remote? 350-400 € for an Expert 120 remote?

I don't know how did you get to 350-400E for Expert 120 remote? I assume that all Devialets' Expert devices share the same remote unit?

Anyhow, for me is also pretty strange that Devialet's smartphone app doesn't have other functions as well? But just volume, on-off, and change the source.

A couple of weeks ago I had an issue with the remote (then solved by myself by cleaning it internally, fortunately). Devialet asked me 170 $ for the "repair" while another user on the forum claimed he was proposed an additional Devialet 120 remote for 250 EUR. So the price of the Devialet 120 with a LCD display would be 350 EUR if it cost 100 EUR more than the standard one. A hard sell...
Moreover the remotes are not compatible across the Expert / Pro range and Devialet 120's is the cheapest one!
And yes, unfortunately the smartphone app is very basic and does not even allow tones control.
(20-May-2021, 12:45)Lilitti Wrote:
(20-May-2021, 11:46)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I had an issue with the remote (then solved by myself by cleaning it internally, fortunately). Devialet asked me 170 $ for the "repair" while another user on the forum claimed he was proposed an additional Devialet 120 remote for 250 EUR. So the price of the Devialet 120 with a LCD display would be 350 EUR if it cost 100 EUR more than the standard one. A hard sell...
Moreover the remotes are not compatible across the Expert / Pro range and Devialet 120's is the cheapest one!
And yes, unfortunately the smartphone app is very basic and does not even allow tones control.

Ok, see your point. 
well, I thought if Devialet can improve their remote, by adding a display on it, and ask for something about 50-100 EUR for upgrade, I would take that deal. 
I am a software engineer, and from my point of view, the only work will be adding a display on the remote. As for software, there shall be no much additional work, just to replicate data from the existing display on Devialet to the remote. 

thanks for joining the discussion and sharing info about remote prices Smile 
p.s.
still in doubt why Tidal is (still) not supported?
(21-May-2021, 07:42)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(20-May-2021, 12:45)Lilitti Wrote:
(20-May-2021, 11:46)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: I don't know how did you get to 350-400E for Expert 120 remote? I assume that all Devialets' Expert devices share the same remote unit?

Ok, see your point. 
well, I thought if Devialet can improve their remote, by adding a display on it, and ask for something about 50-100 EUR for upgrade, I would take that deal. 
I am a software engineer, and from my point of view, the only work will be adding a display on the remote. As for software, there shall be no much additional work, just to replicate data from the existing display on Devialet to the remote. 

thanks for joining the discussion and sharing info about remote prices Smile 
p.s.
still in doubt why Tidal is (still) not supported?
Yes I would definitely pay an extra $100 for a remote with a display. I have my Devialet on the top shelf of my Finite Element rack, which means I have to stand up whenever I want to read the current display.
(21-May-2021, 07:42)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: I am a software engineer, and from my point of view, the only work will be adding a display on the remote. As for software, there shall be no much additional work, just to replicate data from the existing display on Devialet to the remote. 

What about the all important two way communication? That could be a hardware issue couldn't it? We don't even know (as far as I know) what protocol is used for the existing remote so how would we know two way communication is possible?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Nope.

It works with mobile phone app. In the worst case scenario - the same protocol can be used.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

But the remote control uses Zigbee, not wi-fi. I agree with Pim, it's not necessarily that simple.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(28-Jun-2021, 14:06)Delija Wrote: Nope.

It works with mobile phone app. In the worst case scenario - the same protocol can be used.

Hi, I use an old iPhone 7 as a display. Everything is fine, no problems and it doesn't cost anything!  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria