Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple TV 4K Sync Issues
Hello all, recently moved country and have been just set up my Devialet Expert Pro 440 and Focal Sopra 2 system. 

Prior to my move I was running Roon and Tidal via Macbook. I decided to change this when Apple released lossless music and began streaming via the Apple TV. This worked perfectly with the 2018 Sony TV I was using and I could watch movies or TV through the Devialet with no sync delays. In my new set up the Apple TV has been upgraded to 4K and a Samsung 2021 model TV. Everything runs 2.4Hz Wifi 

The apple 4K TV is connected to the Samsung via Audioquest HDMI and the TV is connected to the Devialet via Audioquest Optical. 

The music performance is amazing and have no reason to question the change from Tidal/Roon. The sync issue is shocking and i have tried everything on the Samsung and Apple TV to rectify the situation. I emailed Devialet Support and await their response but I was hoping someone on this forum would have a simple answer.
(12-Oct-2021, 07:59)Aleattie Wrote: The sync issue is shocking and i have tried everything on the Samsung and Apple TV to rectify the situation.

You haven't specified what you have tried, so forgive me if you have tried the following:-

If your Apple TV is connected to a home theatre receiver or TV using an HDMI cable, you may experience audio latency, a delay that sounds like an echo when playing audio on both receiver speakers and a wireless speaker.

You can use an iPhone to calibrate the audio signal on your Apple TV so that all speakers play in sync.

Open Settings Settings on Apple TV.

Go to Video and Audio, then scroll down to Calibration.

Select Wireless Audio Sync, then follow the onscreen instructions for using your iPhone to sync your speakers.

I have no hands on experience with an Apple TV and cannot confirm if the above is useful in resolving audio/video sync issues.  Particularly, as the instructions refer to an audio/audio sync issue but it may be helpful.