Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Streamer?
Try as much as I can, I cannot figure out how to use the Remote app on my iPhone or iPad to stream Spotify or Tidal to my Devialet. I can only stream the music that is stored on the iPhone/Pad using "My Music"

Does anyone else think that the Remote App and the "in-built streamer" are woefully inadequate?

I know that I can stream from my Macbook using AIR but since I do a lot of late lnight listening in my bedroom, having a laptop screen open is out of the question.

My questions are:

1. Am I missing a trick?

2. Am I better off getting a SONOS Connect and use a digital out from the SONOS (avoiding the inbuilt DAC) - the SONOS integrates not just a host of music streaming services but also internet radio stations and much more

3. I am also prepared to consider (better) alternatives to the Sonos provided they have (minimum) all the SONOS functionalities (integration of music streaming services and internet radio) and do not require me to use three apps on two devices simultaneously and has a digital out so that I can continue to use the Devialet DAC.

Really disappointed with the Devialet Streamer

Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  
At the moment, nothing beats Sonos on the functionality in terms of music services availability. But, Sonos only support up to 16/44.1 CD quality.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(12-Mar-2015, 15:01)Shantanu Wrote: Try as much as I can, I cannot figure out how to use the Remote app on my iPhone or iPad to stream Spotify or Tidal to my Devialet. I can only stream the music that is stored on the iPhone/Pad using "My Music"

Does anyone else think that the Remote App and the "in-built streamer" are woefully inadequate?

I know that I can stream from my Macbook using AIR but since I do a lot of late lnight listening in my bedroom, having a laptop screen open is out of the question.

My questions are:

1. Am I missing a trick?

2. Am I better off getting a SONOS Connect and use a digital out from the SONOS (avoiding the inbuilt DAC) - the SONOS integrates not just a host of music streaming services but also internet radio stations and much more

3. I am also prepared to consider (better) alternatives to the Sonos provided they have (minimum) all the SONOS functionalities (integration of music streaming services and internet radio) and do not require me to use three apps on two devices simultaneously and has a digital out so that I can continue to use the Devialet DAC.

Really disappointed with the Devialet Streamer

Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  

You are not missing anything. This is how primitive and basic the Devialet remote app on iOS is!

On the forum here and especially in the streaming section there are loads of discussions and reviews on different streamers.

To name but a few I can start with Sonos, Bluesound, NAD M50, Pioneer N30. 50 or 70, Yamaha N500, Denon DNP720, Moon Mind 180, Cambridge Audio StreamMagic V1 and 2, Cambridge Audio 851N, the Aurender family and TotalDac! And many more....

I guess this is good enough to keep you busy reviewing the different options all night

I believe that in the end there will be a comprise. And you have to decide for yourself and your requirements what are the things that you must have and what are the things that you can do without.

Keep us posted what will be your final choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Suggestion : For now i m doing AE + NAS + AIR_ETH/Toslink. all wired to AE. iTunes or Plugplayer for Toslink (airplay from iDevices)

My preference is what Amgad has already written (+ Bryston BDP-2), however i would like to wait for Dialog verdict!

I think i will copy my couple of lines for all similar queries Smile
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"