Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FW 2.11.2 out
Hi,

just made measurements. 57 ms is the lowest latency i can get.
So it was not low latency optical mode....
sad...

my mistake. When i press 5X the button : no direct mode / but factory reset........
i contact Devialet Support. Disapointed
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14
(24-Sep-2020, 13:35)ofrappier Wrote: Hi,

sad...

my mistake. When i press 5X the button : no direct mode / but factory reset........

Hi,

In fact, on my reactor if i press X5 the rear button quickly, i'm in Store mode (not direct mode), and only optical works (direct) with manual volume, it's direct optical mode but measured at..............measured at 190 ms..... direct mode at 190ms.
And after few minutes, this false 190ms direct mode is desactivated.

so, i believe it's the same case for Phantom Premier.

So the X5 rear button, it's not the good process, to have "low latency optical mode..."  it's a buggy Direct optical store mode measured at 190 ms with my RTA mic, in REW and Smaart...

i've asked Devialet to the right "how to" for low latency mode Smile (i've opened a request number)
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14
(24-Sep-2020, 14:06)ofrappier Wrote:

sad...

Hi,

In fact, on my reactor if i press X5 the rear button quickly, i'm in Store mode (not direct mode), and only optical works (direct) with manual volume, it's direct optical mode but measured at..............measured at 190 ms..... direct mode at 190ms.

So the X5 rear button, it's not the good process, to have "low latency optical mode..."  it's a buggy Direct optical store mode measured at 190 ms with my RTA mic, in REW and Smaart...

i've asked Devialet to the right "how to" for low latency mode Smile (i've opened a request number)
Hi.  So in my environment, I'm running all of my reactors in "Custom Install Mode".  The reactor's don't have an "Optical Direct Mode" option.  Simply pressing the button rear button doesn't activate "Custom Install Mode".  You have to go through a series of steps to get the Reactor into it.  

The reactors have a hard limit of 190ms latency when in "Custom Install Mode" and I've confirmed that.  Per my conversations with Devialet, the Reactors will always have much higher latency than the Premieres.  This is due to the architectural changes they made when designing the Reactors.

Hope this helps
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(25-Sep-2020, 22:40)njaiswal Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 14:06)ofrappier Wrote:

sad...

Hi,

Hi.  So in my environment, I'm running all of my reactors in "Custom Install Mode".  The reactor's don't have an "Optical Direct Mode" option.  Simply pressing the button rear button doesn't activate "Custom Install Mode".  You have to go through a series of steps to get the Reactor into it.  

The reactors have a hard limit of 190ms latency when in "Custom Install Mode" and I've confirmed that.  Per my conversations with Devialet, the Reactors will always have much higher latency than the Premieres.  This is due to the architectural changes they made when designing the Reactors.

Hope this helps
Can you please share the "series of steps" to get the Reactor into Optical Direct Mode?
Here's the post with the steps... a little searching would have gotten you here as well...
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Optical-...8#pid85298

This post provides an update on the latency of the Reactors in Custom Install Mode.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Optical-...9#pid85579
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
All of those links, switch Reactors to "direct only optical Store mode" at 190 ms, but not at low latency optical mode at 1ms.

in the javascript code inside Reactor, vua WEB IP page,  we have those hidden instructions :

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-O...1#pid96061