Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FW 8.0.0 1 channel only phenomena
Hi All,

You that had the same as I now have with only one channel working after installing 8.0.0 did you solve it and how did you manage to get back to stereomode again?
I have D400 ie mono config and it is my Master which doesn't work, so companion channel is working and in my case that mean right speaker has function and not left.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Apparently the standard problem on dual mono setup was no sound at all so yours sounds a bit strange. The only one channel working was on the 200/250 setups. I would probably try a factory setting with no cards in on power up to see if it is a firmware fault first if that works OK try building a complete new set of configs . Let us know how it goes.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Not absolutely certain about dual systems but the problem with a 200 was a configurator issue. Just regenerate your configuration file and you should be ok
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
OK, thanks, I will config once more. I had to make a new config as my old ones couldn't be modified as system didn't let me do this (why?).

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(17-May-2015, 15:45)Mikeeo Wrote: OK, thanks, I will config once more. I had to make a new config as my old ones couldn't be modified as system didn't let me do this (why?).

/Mike

It seems the new configurator is not compatible with V7 firmware, hopefully a temporary cock-up. I was very disappointed not to be able to load and edit one of my stored configs in La Maison.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

New config tested!

Now I only have sound from left channel. I now went back to mid button tone control and right button SAM on/off.

First I had a difference in SAM % between the units but after some 0-100-0 % the % on both sides was the same.

In general the unit (that plays) has much lower volume output.

Really getting tired of this.

I'm going back to 7.1.3 until Dev corrects this. 

/Mike
7.1.3 and old config, WORKS!

Tired of this, YES!

Until Dev comes up with something to step by step guide how to fix this and make it work or 8.0.1 etc I'll stay with what works.

Mike
(17-May-2015, 16:46)Mikeeo Wrote: 7.1.3 and old config, WORKS!

Tired of this, YES!
Until Dev comes up with something to step by step guide how to fix this and make it work or 8.0.1 etc I'll stay with what works.

Mike

I did not check this point with 8.0.0, but with beta version of the firmware, 2 files of  the SD card were deleted after the upgrade.
Did you check that before upgrading the 2nd Devialet?
I am surprised that you still have a problem, I had no sound with my 800, SAM ON the first day, but new configurator fixed that.
I you contact Devialet assistance, I'm sure that they will answer quickly.
  Best regards,
Sylvain  
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
I'm also experiencing this 1 channel problem when using a phono input. Devialet support replied that they are now working on a fix. It will probably be a new firmware version.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(21-May-2015, 10:03)petrik Wrote: I'm also experiencing this 1 channel problem when using a phono input. Devialet support replied that they are now working on a fix. It will probably be a new firmware version.

Petrik,

Many thanks for that update! I'll keep my cool until next update.

/Mike