Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan interface
    I'm giving this DIY project its own thread in the event others may want to experiment. The 12mm thick foam gasket will act as the interface between a cooling pad sitting below the D200. However, once cut it will allow cooling air to be either pushed in or pulled from the Devialet if the oval viewing windows are removed. Mine uses those viewing window cutouts as its convection cooling intakes. My 200 is modified for convection cooling so it will allow forced air or vacuum created by the fan far easier and at a greater volume (CFM) of air than the OEM unit with the 'windows' removed but I wouldn't summarily preclude a measurable cooling effect on an otherwise unmodified 200.

Pic shows the circular 148mm cutout for the cooling fan with the two viewing ports outside it at the 9 & 3 o:clock positions when the cooling pad is centered below the Devialet. As you can see the fan's air movement is pretty restricted as-is and will struggle getting full CFM in or out of the deviate as it will prefer to escape from between the two units when pushing/pulling air. However, when the outer oval in pic is cut thru the foam, full air flow is free to enter or exit those ports while none can escape from between the two components. I probably won't mess with cutting circular feet in the 4 corners of the pad but rather just cut em off at an angle because I have no use for this interface beyond temp-testing.

Follow-up pic will show finished interface with cutout.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
    All the measuring sizes and layout for the Dev & fan take some time to merge their respective layout needs but once done, cutting it out with a sharp blade is about a 30 second project!

When temp-testing resumes I'll revert back over to horizontal temp testing thread for continuity.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!