Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Dear Devialet Forum, Swapping from white eggs to black Martin Logan`s ESL´s
Today my two golds on a 45 days trial went back to the Audio consult store, and instead I went full North American, populating my living room with a pair of Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 in High Gloss black. 

I am pairing them with a Peachtree Nova 500 in High Gloss Black. 

I am in 7th heaven right now, with a BIG happy grin all over my face. Indeed the angels have come down from heaven to sing for me.

Adios dear Forum. It´s been a base-blast these 45 days but now I must bid you farewell.

Greetings from Stockholm

Transducers
Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 (High Gloss black) on Crystal Cable Special Series Power cords

Amplifier
Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord

Source
Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord

Interconnects
Mytek USB Cord
Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire
Supra Speaker cables

Wifi
AmpliFI WIFI Router
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Amplifier: Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord
Source: Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables
In Ears: Sure SE846 / Empire LEGEND X

I'm in the Capital of Scandinavia, Stockholm
What is better now? Bass speed and bass resolution for sure not.
And it costs much more, or?

Please share your detailed impressions...
It costs like 10 times more Smile)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well. The sound is just mesmerising and sparkling. The soundstage is larger deeper and the system play more relaxed. Of course they don’t play base the same way Phantom does. Phantom play base and then some more base. And then even some more and deeper base. Gr8 to
play around with and shock friends. Only way to make them decent was to strangle the base in Roon DSP
Function but I felt that also impacted midrange negatively. ESL 11 is far more musical sounding. The treble and midrange sparkles. In my ears. Having said that one must remember hifi is like red wine. Different to everyone. Ans yes. The new system cost 2x (got a deal with 30% discount) but it also sounds 2x as good. Again, In my ears.
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables

Do the ESL11 stand at the same position as the Phantoms?
Asking that cause you had obviously too much bass with them.

Electrostatics are awesome, but you *must* be in the sweet spot. Not so with the Phantom
(16-Nov-2020, 20:23)tomsag Wrote: Do the ESL11 stand at the same position as the Phantoms?
Asking that cause you had obviously too much bass with them.

Electrostatics are awesome, but you *must* be in the sweet spot. Not so with the Phantom

Exact same position. Ca 1m from back wall and ca 1,5 meter from side wall.

And agreed. On the run Phantoms are better as they are true omnipolar. Few speakers are so weak performers as Martin Logan off sweet spot /off angle. However in Sweet spot they are really hard to beat. Mostly I enjoy music and movie in the sweetspot. On the run I really go running and for that I use Sure E846, also pretty much unbeatable in what they do :-).

(13-Nov-2020, 22:02)The Knife Wrote: Today my two golds on a 45 days trial went back to the Audio consult store, and instead I went full North American, populating my living room with a pair of Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 in High Gloss black. 

I am pairing them with a Peachtree Nova 500 in High Gloss Black. 

I am in 7th heaven right now, with a BIG happy grin all over my face. Indeed the angels have come down from heaven to sing for me.

Adios dear Forum. It´s been a base-blast these 45 days but now I must bid you farewell.

Greetings from Stockholm

Transducers
Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 (High Gloss black) on Crystal Cable Special Series Power cords

Amplifier
Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord

Source
Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord

Interconnects
Mytek USB Cord
Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire
Supra Speaker cables

Wifi
AmpliFI WIFI Router

Good luck with the new system!

Question...did you ever think of pairing those with one of the Devialet Expert Pro amps? 

I just got an expert pro 440 about 3 weeks ago, and it was HUGE upgrade from the Nuprime IDA-16 which was in similar price point as the Nova. 

Anyway...enjoy the music!  THAT is what is important!

I'm loving my newly upgraded system...so I get it! 

Enjoy!
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
It is not impossible that I swap the Peachrree to a Dev Pro at some point. Guess I need to read up on the combo and hopefully listen to it at some point. The Pros seems to be loved by many.

(17-Nov-2020, 16:57)The Knife Wrote: It is not impossible that I swap the Peachrree to a Dev Pro at some point. Guess I need to read up on the combo and hopefully listen to it at some point. The Pros seems to be loved by many.

Something else to read up on, and have a think about.  Note that these are old links, and there are some reports that the Pro is better with electrostatics versus the D-Premier and Expert, either way, it might be worth checking out the Sanders?

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Matt-s-s...ht=Sanders

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-D400-vs-...ight=logan
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Nov-2020, 18:44)Confused Wrote:
(17-Nov-2020, 16:57)The Knife Wrote: It is not impossible that I swap the Peachrree to a Dev Pro at some point. Guess I need to read up on the combo and hopefully listen to it at some point. The Pros seems to be loved by many.

Something else to read up on, and have a think about.  Note that these are old links, and there are some reports that the Pro is better with electrostatics versus the D-Premier and Expert, either way, it might be worth checking out the Sanders?

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Matt-s-s...ht=Sanders

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-D400-vs-...ight=logan

Yep. The Sandesrs sound pretty amazing. And can only agree " I know some people have been put off MLs by what they experienced as a screechy top end at high volumes: trust me, the top end of the Montis, driven by the Magtech, is liquid honey."

And then I have not A) played the ESL11 the 250 hours they should to grow into their clothes B) Invested in a top notch DAC C) Invested in top notch speaker cables or... wait for it.... D) started to play around with the ARC DSP Mic tuning :-).

I.e. More to come!