Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fidelizer for Windows
(03-May-2015, 21:13)amabrok Wrote: The idea of a windows tablet with windows 8 and soon to be windows 10 is really growing on me

Yeah, I eagerly awaits Win10, too.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

hk if you want only one computer check out a different streaming software -

A program called bughead emporer is getting ridiculously good reviews. you can find a link on the jplay forums
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(04-May-2015, 04:34)completeluxury Wrote: hk if you want only one computer check out a different streaming software -

A program called bughead emporer is getting ridiculously good reviews. you can find a link on the jplay forums

Thanks, will check it out.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

btw heres the link

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/1...th-trying/
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(04-May-2015, 01:53)hk6230 Wrote:
Quote:I guess JPlay in hibernate mode has shut down most non-audio processes in your dual PC setup. I tried installing JPlay on trial, and it didn't do much to my setup, too. (This is in opposite setup sequence to yours; 1st with Fidelizer then JPlay)

Maybe both software do almost the same thing. Honestly, having to turn on two PCs, Devialet, and running a music player (JRiver, HQ player, etc.) is a bit too troublesome for me. I'm getting lazier by the day. I just hope to have one appliance, turn it on, select music, and enjoy.

I think there is a big difference between a "normal" PC with all Windows services on and an audio PC with a minimal Windows installation. In hibernate mode, screen shuts down and the PC only wakes up when music is finished, but I don't think it is the most important improvement. An audio PC is "concentraded" on only one task : "feeding" Devialet with a correct stream of bits and my opinion is that a well designed audio PC does it very well!
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(04-May-2015, 07:59)Sylvain27 Wrote:
Quote:I guess JPlay in hibernate mode has shut down most non-audio processes in your dual PC setup. I tried installing JPlay on trial, and it didn't do much to my setup, too. (This is in opposite setup sequence to yours; 1st with Fidelizer then JPlay)

Maybe both software do almost the same thing. Honestly, having to turn on two PCs, Devialet, and running a music player (JRiver, HQ player, etc.) is a bit too troublesome for me. I'm getting lazier by the day. I just hope to have one appliance, turn it on, select music, and enjoy.

I think there is a big difference between a "normal" PC with all Windows services on and an audio PC with a minimal Windows installation. In hibernate mode, screen shuts down and the PC only wakes up when music is finished, but I don't think it is the most important improvement. An audio PC is "concentraded" on only one task : "feeding" Devialet with a correct stream of bits and my opinion is that a well designed audio PC does it very well!

Tee-hee-hee. What you had described to me makes sense, but I believe it is slightly beyond my current understanding and capability in setting up such setup. I will have to brush up on this. In the meantime, I will just enjoy my music as I progressing along. If you have any write-up on how to setup a 2pc, dedicated audio pc, please share it with us. I'm very keen to learn and setup such system.

Thanks, Sylvain.

(04-May-2015, 04:44)completeluxury Wrote: btw heres the link

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/1...th-trying/

Installed the latest BHE, sounds great on my first try. However, BHE is a self-contained music player and cannot 'stream' from other music apps. And, it can only play via USB ASIO method. I would prefer an AIR option. Will explore more.
--------
Update: It is possible to use AIR with JPlay. In BHE menu, select JPlay as output, and in JPlay select KS: Devialet AIR WAVE, you will be able to play music on BHE and output to Devialet via AIR.
====

I'm a bit overwhelmed now with so many options available and only 24-hours a day. Big Grin 

And, Sylvain has get me interested in a dedicated audio PC setup.

(04-May-2015, 08:34)hk6230 Wrote:

Tee-hee-hee. What you had described to me makes sense, but I believe it is slightly beyond my current understanding and capability in setting up such setup. I will have to brush up on this. In the meantime, I will just enjoy my music as I progressing along. If you have any write-up on how to setup a 2pc, dedicated audio pc, please share it with us. I'm very keen to learn and setup such system.

Thanks, Sylvain.
If you want some informations about dual PC systems, you can also read "Antoine's system" (in "Your systems" thread, page 2 now).
I first tried  a dual PC setup with Jplay, using 2 "normal" PCs. I realized that a direct ethernet connection between 2 PC was MUCH faster than with a network using a router. Transfering files was as fast as a transfer with 2 hard disks on the same machine!
I tried a direct ethernet connection between a PC and my Devialet, but I discovered the famous "White noise problem"! I was furious because Devialet company did not warn their customers, this problem was well known, many pages had already been written in this forum. I did not go further with Air, and today the white noise problem is not solved!
  In november 2014, I build an entirely new PC (it was not the first time, but things change quickly with computers). I choose an intel i5-4690S 3,2 GHz quadcore because of its low power consumption. I discovered I did not need a video card with this processor (it was new for me Smile  ). Motherboard is an Asus H97M-E, Corsair SSD hard drive 60 Go, DVD drive (to install Windows, now it's disconnected). The power supply was a Zen 400 fanless, recently I replaced it with a HDPLEX fanless linear power supply.
I installed Windows 8.1 64 bit with minimal options. msconfig is useful to boot the audio PC with minimum services (less than 20). For Microsoft, msconfig is only a diagnostic tool to find the origin of problems, because they only consider the use of a "normal" PC. 
tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) are useful (see "Antoine's system" page 4)
  Jplay 6 was a big improvement (compared with version 5).
If you have questions, don't hesitate, I will try to answer them!
  Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(04-May-2015, 10:47)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 08:34)hk6230 Wrote:

Thanks, Sylvain.
If you want some informations about dual PC systems, you can also read "Antoine's system" (in "Your systems" thread, page 2 now).
I first tried  a dual PC setup with Jplay, using 2 "normal" PCs. I realized that a direct ethernet connection between 2 PC was MUCH faster than with a network using a router. Transfering files was as fast as a transfer with 2 hard disks on the same machine!
I tried a direct ethernet connection between a PC and my Devialet, but I discovered the famous "White noise problem"! I was furious because Devialet company did not warn their customers, this problem was well known, many pages had already been written in this forum. I did not go further with Air, and today the white noise problem is not solved!
  In november 2014, I build an entirely new PC (it was not the first time, but things change quickly with computers). I choose an intel i5-4690S 3,2 GHz quadcore because of its low power consumption. I discovered I did not need a video card with this processor (it was new for me Smile  ). Motherboard is an Asus H97M-E, Corsair SSD hard drive 60 Go, DVD drive (to install Windows, now it's disconnected). The power supply was a Zen 400 fanless, recently I replaced it with a HDPLEX fanless linear power supply.
I installed Windows 8.1 64 bit with minimal options. msconfig is useful to boot the audio PC with minimum services (less than 20). For Microsoft, msconfig is only a diagnostic tool to find the origin of problems, because they only consider the use of a "normal" PC. 
tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) are useful (see "Antoine's system" page 4)
  Jplay 6 was a big improvement (compared with version 5).
If you have questions, don't hesitate, I will try to answer them!
  Sylvain

Thanks. Will find time to try your method out.

Out of curiosity - how did bhe sound compared to any other media player you have used? All my music is streamed from tidal at the moment but id like your opinion for if i decide to build a collection