Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Roon Ready Phantoms!
Wink 
So happy!  Big Grin

Just updated my 2 Opera de Paris to DOS 2.12.3 and the update went SMOOTH

Overall setting them up in the updated iOS-app also went quicker than before so hopefully they have worked some more issues out.

Roon Ready!
Aww... so long I've waited for this!!!! Set them up as a Stereo-pair and so far it seems to work perfectly!
Also, being able to use the new controller to control them is a blast! Needs more testing obviously but my feeling is I am throwing my Raspberry Pis out the window!!
It works - nice. After all these years...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Great news indeed!

It seems that getting Roon certified is real tough these days.

As an example, a top brand like Esoteric with a flawless track record and several earlier Roon certified products has been struggling for half a year to get their latest streamer Roon certified. So well done Devialet!

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
It's good they are tough on the certification because as a Roon user you expect something that is Roon Ready to "just work" and that's not even the case with some of the devices that still are certified..
(03-Feb-2021, 23:56)bernardl Wrote: Great news indeed!

It seems that getting Roon certified is real tough these days.

As an example, a top brand like Esoteric with a flawless track record and several earlier Roon certified products has been struggling for half a year to get their latest streamer Roon certified. So well done Devialet!

Cheers,
Bernard

FWIW a "flawless track record" doesn't indicate getting things perfect, it just says that no one found any problems but whether or not you find problems can easily depend on how hard you look. When Esoteric finally get their latest streamer certified they will again have "a flawless track record" and that will still not guarantee that there is no problem with their products, just that no one has found one. Jiust as an absence of verified sightings doesn't prove that unicorns don't exist, an absence of observed problems doesn't prove that problems don't exist. What looking harder for problems does achieve is to ensure that fewer problems slip through the cracks of the certification process but the cost of that is that Roon spends more time looking for problems and probably finds a few more problems along the way, and equipment manufacturers then spend more time fixing those problems so certification ends up taking longer as a result,

Roon may be looking a bit harder these days because they didn't pick up the gigabit speed connection problem with RAAT and the Expert Pro line and that resulted in a fair bit of negative response back in the first half of 2019 with lots of arguments about whether the problem was a Roon problem or a Devialet problem. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roon doesn't want to repeat that sort of issue so they may be working hard to ensure that they don't let another issue like that slip through their testing unnoticed.

2 years after the Expert Pros got Roon Ready certification all Devialet will say about their latest FW update for the Expert Pro line is that it improves performance with RAAT, not that they have fixed the problem. One thing that suggests is that if Roon had discovered the problem 2 years ago during the certification process then the Expert Pro line might very well still be awaiting certification and that probably tells us something about why it may be taking longer to get things Roon certified in 2021 than it did in 2018.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Indeed David.

The N-01XD got certified today.

I performed the firmware upgrade and I am impressed so far.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1