Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware
(17-Oct-2019, 16:43)andylyonette Wrote: It looks like UPNP is now an available source in the app (v1.7) with firmware 2.8.0
That is good.

(17-Oct-2019, 19:50)Gfd1182 Wrote:
(17-Oct-2019, 08:22)Snoopy8 Wrote: Unfortunately, no one knows what the firmware does. A guess is that this update is in preparation for introduction of the same DOS for the premier range, rumoured for November.

Wish Devialet publish their information quickly rather than confuse their customers, make them guess !!!  Sad
Can someone tell me about this?
Reactor uses a newer, better version DOS (Devialet Operating System) and Dev App. The next upgrade for the Premier range is supposed to unify all Phantoms with same DOS and App.
Many friends of mine are reporting better sounding after this update.

That’s really good from Devialet !!
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
HublotTimer Wrote:Many friends of mine are reporting better sounding after this update.

Hello HublotTimer, mate, ;-)

I will react here on your questions :-)
I'm very pleased with my 600's! I listened also the silver's in a demo room. I was also obsessed with the premier series, but they need a larger space than my living room, and a bigger wallet. (sounds familiar?)
I updated the firmware but did not listen to MY music yet. this morning I played music for my children while I was preparing for work. So I hope I have some time this weekend to listen to it properly.

to be continued...
2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
(18-Oct-2019, 14:15)HublotTimer Wrote: Many friends of mine are reporting better sounding after this update.

I agree noticed subtle difference in bass notes
(18-Oct-2019, 23:22)Gfd1182 Wrote:
(18-Oct-2019, 14:15)HublotTimer Wrote: Many friends of mine are reporting better sounding after this update.

I agree noticed subtle difference in bass notes

Really nice ! 
I just don’t understand how they can improve sound with a software update LoL
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
When do they usually release the notes?
I suspect something went wrong with my Phatom Reactor 600 with this update.

Anyone knows where I can find the DOS firmware file to try to upload it via the browser interface ?

Thankx!
(19-Oct-2019, 14:54)gore Wrote: I suspect something went wrong with my Phatom Reactor 600 with this update.

Anyone knows where I can find the DOS firmware file to try to upload it via the browser interface ?

Thankx!
What happened? I believe it's next to impossible to get hold of the firmware file. Devialet has never shared firmware updates. There should be a way to force the speaker to download the latest firmware and flash it, you should contact Devialet support.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Oct-2019, 16:12)flanti Wrote:
HublotTimer Wrote:Many friends of mine are reporting better sounding after this update.

Hello HublotTimer, mate, ;-)

I will react here on your questions :-)
I'm very pleased with my 600's! I listened also the silver's in a demo room. I was also obsessed with the premier series, but they need a larger space than my living room, and a bigger wallet. (sounds familiar?)
I updated the firmware but did not listen to MY music yet. this morning I played music for my children while I was preparing for work. So I hope I have some time this weekend to listen to it properly.

to be continued...
Before I listened to the music I noticed that the volume at startup was the same as when I shut down te power. Before it was always 33% volume at startup.
I listen to some music, (at 20-30% volume), all kinds of music. I cannot say there is a big differance, I would say, the low end sounds a little more controlled, but maybe its my imagination. The release notes will tell ;-)
What I can say for sure is that they still sound fantastic!!
2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
Love my reactor900
It’s just lonely by itself !