Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(22-Jul-2016, 22:55)Manoet Wrote: Dunno how/why but 10.0.2 is the single biggest improvement to my modified 200 since I stumbled onto 7.1.3 last summer and modified the 200! I mean H-U-G-E  & everywhere, ie; hi's, lows, mids, depth/height, power, articulation and soundstage... no one's happier/more surprised than me!

Can You describe more these improvements?
(22-Jul-2016, 23:14)theaudioguru Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 18:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: FIRMWARE V10.0.2

- Support of the new Expert Pro line 
- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Can you link to it please, I'm having difficulty finding it,
theaudioguru

You need to login to access the download page here: http://en.devialet.com/la-maison-online-en-us/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Can You describe more these improvements?
[/quote]

I'm less than a half hour into it so perceptions aren't fully formed or thought-out. But definitely lots more "there" there... like turning on the 'loudness' button of yesteryear. More refined/sophisticated perceptions as they unfold.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(22-Jul-2016, 22:52)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:37)Dr Tone Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:31)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello.

I found one strange thing when using new firmware 10.0.2. Is there anybody who can verify my situation.

When I press ,,source" button for a bit longer, then i see on display frequency for exemple 44.1 and then Devialet turn off and restart. With firmware 9 I didn't have this problem...after displaying me actual frequency it displayed me name of my SAMed loudspeakers.

So on long press of the source button your amp is rebooting?

Maybe try to load the firmware again.  Did you create a new config file as well? Sometimes that's required with a new firmware or it gets buggy.

Yes on Long press of the source button my amp is rebooting. The name of my loudspeakers is very Long, and with 9 firmware when it displayed it freezed some letters...but now with 10 it just rebooting...

Please be so kind to check it with Your 200...

Changing sources with short press of source button is ok. No problem.

I created new config.

Sounds a bit like missing boundary checks in software resulting in a buffer overflow overwriting critical memory contents. In short a bug. Smile I think it's best to report this to Devialet with the report including your config file.

(Edit;I personally don't use SAM so I can't check it)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(22-Jul-2016, 23:27)Antoine Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:52)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:37)Dr Tone Wrote: So on long press of the source button your amp is rebooting?

Maybe try to load the firmware again.  Did you create a new config file as well? Sometimes that's required with a new firmware or it gets buggy.

Yes on Long press of the source button my amp is rebooting. The name of my loudspeakers is very Long, and with 9 firmware when it displayed it freezed some letters...but now with 10 it just rebooting...

Please be so kind to check it with Your 200...

Changing sources with short press of source button is ok. No problem.

I created new config.

Sounds a bit like missing boundary checks in software resulting in a buffer overflow overwriting critical memory contents. In short a bug. Smile I think it's best to report this to Devialet with the report including your config file.

(Edit;I personally don't use SAM so I can't check it)

I checked with SAM off and it is also rebooting. 

I also checked Last Fault display and it shows ,,Last Fault - None"

BTW sound quality of new firmware is really good IMO especially during listening with low volume...
(22-Jul-2016, 23:43)moreno1973 Wrote: BTW sound quality of new firmware is really good IMO especially during listening with low volume...

Hmmmm, did they possible tweak the digital volume control implementation?  Was that something mentioned in the improvements coming with the Pro?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(22-Jul-2016, 23:43)moreno1973 Wrote: I checked with SAM off and it is also rebooting. 

I also checked Last Fault display and it shows ,,Last Fault - None"

Have you tried redoing your config with a short speaker name?  It's user definable you could just try the word: System
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I think it's nice little update , not night & day but in the right direction.
wish I could increased the output but without hardware change I'm not sure it's even possible
(22-Jul-2016, 21:58)Damon Wrote: OMFG; They release a firmware version that adds performance and value to the hardware already installed in the O d'A and people still complain.

(23-Jul-2016, 01:31)no32 Wrote: I think it's nice little update , not night & day but in the right direction.
wish I could increased the output but without hardware change  I'm not sure it's even possible

Agree, nice update.....I wish I hadn't read the comments concerning low level volume as it surely has influenced my perspectives but I do agree.....it does appear to have more apparent control and dynamc range at lower volumes...
Wdw
(22-Jul-2016, 23:18)Antoine Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 23:14)theaudioguru Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 18:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: FIRMWARE V10.0.2

- Support of the new Expert Pro line 
- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Can you link to it please, I'm having difficulty finding it,
theaudioguru

You need to login to access the download page here: http://en.devialet.com/la-maison-online-en-us/
Much obliged , it worked perfectly. First impressions are excellent , will check out phono input tomorrow .
Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.