Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
I'm not sure I understand your use case with receiver.
Why do you need Devialet pre-outs in this case?

"Normal" HT use case is pre-outs from receiver (room correction applied) to Devialet in passthrough mode. Subwoofers driven by receiver, so pre-outs on Devialet are not used.
For stereo, pre-outs on Devialet are used for subwoofers.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Success Story Part 1

Since my system was running almost perfectly, I was very hesitant to install firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6. What would happen, would everything still work? But since I wanted to try Sweet Room, I did it anyway.  Fingers crossed! First impression: Everything still works! Second impression: The occasional dropouts I had (when I switched from one stream to the next in Roon, I sometimes - not always - had to turn Devialet Air off and on again) were gone. No more dropouts! Switched wildly back and forth between all Roon Tidal offerings, no problems. Very good!

Part 2 of the success story (Sweet Room) in the accompanying thread.
Devialet 220 pro CI - Surface 4 pro / Dirac / Roon / AIR - Kuzma Stabi S / Hana SL - PMC Fact 8
(07-Oct-2020, 06:07)michaelrp2 Wrote: Well from my perspective the update is really great to see this. I started with the D-Premier and have been on the journey since my original purchase in 2010 (or was it 2011?), with every hardware upgrade and every software update. There have been one or two bumps in the road (Devialet were always very reponsive to me when these happened) but I cant think of many manufacturers who have supported a product for 10 years!!! Just think back to what else was available then and all the iterations of products since then. My cost of ownership for such a high end product has actually been relatively low - before the Devialet I was swapping components every 2-3 years, which is a very expensive game. Sure there could have been more in the update (e.g. Bluetooth) - there is always more - but at least from this customer I remain very happy with this great product! Shy

I had my Naim Nait 2 that is probably 35 years old.  I can send it back to Naim and they will service it back to new condition.

I had a dCS Debussy that was continuously updated for nearly 10 years, all free updates except for a a hardware update from 24/96 and no DSD to 24/192 with DSD/DoP, the price if I remember correctly was 100 GBP or so.

Don't forget our so called Core Infinity update was nearly half the price of the whole unit.  We PAID dearly for it.  And since that major platform update that is supposed to buy for a promise of exciting new features, what have we received so far?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I have the following problem with Sweet Room: it seems to accept only the first 5 filters. Whatever I specifiy for 6-9 seems to be ignored, there is no difference in my measurements. I tried some different values for gain and Q, no change. If I move filter 6 to position 1 it is active but then the filter who was previously on position 5 is now on position 6 and therefore ignored.
Can someone confirm this ? Or is it only me ?

This is the current config, 1-5 are working fine, 6 and 7 are ignored.
"EQ_1_L":[178.0, -2.5, 3.0],
"EQ_2_L":[223.0, -6.0, 8.0],
"EQ_3_L":[46.0, -19.4, 10.0],
"EQ_4_L":[67.0, 2.0, 2.0],
"EQ_5_L":[97.0, 3.0, 3.0],
"EQ_6_L":[135.0, -4.0, 12.0],
"EQ_7_L":[486.0, -2.5, 12.0],
"EQ_8_L":[0.0, 0.0, 0.0],
"EQ_9_L":[0.0, 0.0, 0.0],
(17-Oct-2020, 10:13)Vivialet Wrote: I have the following problem with Sweet Room: it seems to accept only the first 5 filters. Whatever I specifiy for 6-9 seems to be ignored, there is no difference in my measurements. I tried some different values for gain and Q, no change. If I move filter 6 to position 1 it is active but then the filter who was previously on position 5 is now on position 6 and therefore ignored.

How do you know 6 and 7 are being ignored?
If I measure after I apply the EQ settings and the result for these 2 EQ is exactly the same as with en empty definition I know they are not doing anything. I had filters with a gain of -8 db on EQ with 6 or higher that did not do anything...
As soon as I move these filters to a place <= 5 it works perfectly.
(17-Oct-2020, 10:13)Vivialet Wrote: I have the following problem with Sweet Room: it seems to accept only the first 5 filters. Whatever I specifiy for 6-9 seems to be ignored, there is no difference in my measurements. I tried some different values for gain and Q, no change. If I move filter 6 to position 1 it is active but then the filter who was previously on position 5 is now on position 6 and therefore ignored.

Posts such as this confirm that Devialet have given us a math problem to solve.  Each of us has different capabilities, so some excel and others, such as me, utterly fail.  What we have here is a nail in search of a hammer when we actually needed an easy to adopt consumer-friendly solution.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(17-Oct-2020, 10:13)Vivialet Wrote: I have the following problem with Sweet Room: it seems to accept only the first 5 filters. 

After your post, i've checked. I see something similar. Lets wait for a third person to check...
The solution itself is ok for me, but it should work. Seems they have skipped the testing completely.
I have opened a ticket with them, lets see what they reply...
Puh - hopefully they fix this immediately this time. I also asked when editing the settings directly via the web interface will be available.