Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 7.1.1 from Dec 23, 2014
I had firmware 7.1.1 installed on my master and slave units for my D400,
but yesterday did an update to the version from Dec 23, 2014, and there was
an immediate improvement in the synchronization between the master and the slave.

Just in case you have not updated to that subversion of the firmware.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Interesting! What exactly do you mean by an improvement in synchronisation?
Thanks for that info!

I'll save my old but will now try when I come back tonight.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(11-Mar-2015, 07:54)miro Wrote: I had firmware 7.1.1 installed on my master and slave units for my D400,
an immediate improvement in the synchronization between the master and the slave.

Did you check the version numbers for the separate parts of the firmware before and after changing it?  I thought we (users of this forum) had concluded that in fact there was no difference between the original and Dec 2014 "version" of the firmware?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I looked at the files within the zipfile. The file sizes were identical with one exception. The datestamps were different though, but were still August 2014. So it is highly likely that all the files are the same in both firmware versions, except for one. The file that has been changed seems to be a text config file and the change seems to be to do with configuring the USB port - maybe this was to do with bi-directional sync, I didn't try this myself. I would be surprised if there are major changes in the sound using this firmware rather than the earlier release.

I did sometimes find myself, that following a reboot, the sound seems improved. However this may be my imagination.
Thanks smokejumper, that's useful to know.
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Mar-2015, 07:54)miro Wrote: I had firmware 7.1.1 installed on my master and slave units for my D400,

Strange: When I download the firmware 711 that is supposedly from December 23rd, 2014, all files inside the folder have a modification date of August 1st, 2014. Which one are you talking about?

Besides: I never had a problem configuring my master/slave units using the configurator.
For many months I used Firmware from August 2014. Then Some days ago I installed firmware from December. I noticed that with this firmware my Devialet sounds louder and I can listen music most of time with -25 or -30 dB and in previous version it was -20.

So Please check this version from December. According to data it should be the same as for August but I am sure that there are some changes...it just sounds a bit different, Eden with more pracusion and a bit louder.
Well, to put this to rest, a few minutes ago I downloaded the v7.1.1 firmware package from Devialet's site and did a binary file comparison against the version I downloaded on 10 August 2014.  The two packages are bit-for-bit identical, including the date/time stamps of all files in the archive.
Warwickshire, UK
So it must be the magic that makes a difference;-)