Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
Mine went today but my kind dealer lent me one to replace it Smile

And this upgrade is just awesome.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Is there any white papier about 8.0? Any more details about new technologies? I cant find any more complex info.
(14-May-2015, 19:06)moreno1973 Wrote: Is there any white papier about 8.0? Any more details about new technologies? I cant find any more complex info.

If you go into the configurator and hover over the new features you will find some links to download pdf infos.
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
(14-May-2015, 17:18)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:09)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:57)Ants Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:51)scb Wrote: what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?

Was going to ask the same question. 

You can program a button of the remote to use it. I don't know what it does exaxctly!

When you don't program a button for ICM or RAM, is it on or of?
ICM is off if you don't program a button.
In the configurator, you have a link to download a PDF file explaining the RAM option.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
OK, I've installed v8.0, but where do I get this "new Configorator"?

Thanks
(14-May-2015, 19:29)strummer Wrote: OK, I've installed v8.0, but where do I get this "new Configorator"?

Thanks

http://en.devialet.com/expert/#le-configurateur/
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(14-May-2015, 19:29)strummer Wrote: OK, I've installed v8.0, but where do I get this "new Configorator"?

Thanks

I have intalled 8.0. Feel the sound is more open, voices is clearer, but feel something is missing in the bass. I can not turn the SAM from 0 to 100%, as I could earlier. So do I really have SAM is my question?
SAM has been changed quite a lot for me. With the old firmware I could turn it to max. 50%. Now with 8.0 I can turn it to 100%. The change is much more subtle than before. The values in the configuration file have not changed, but the effect is very different. Tomorrow I will do some measurements.
(14-May-2015, 19:45)Vivialet Wrote: SAM has been changed quite a lot for me. With the old firmware I could turn it to max. 50%. Now with 8.0 I can turn it to 100%. The change is much more subtle than before. The values in the configuration file have not changed, but the effect is very different. Tomorrow I will do some measurements.

And what are Your impressions about 8.0 low tones? 

IMO they are firmer. There is no boom-box effect with 100% SAM ON as before.
For me the new 8.0.0 is much better balanced than the 7.1.3 beta, which was too hot for me. With the 8.0.0, the highs do not have the edge of the 7.1.3, but retain all the detail that the amps are known for.  The presence in the mids is better than 7.1.1, but I have no comment on the bass at this time, other than it is similar to previous versions.

Kerry 
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada