Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 8.1.2 released
Talking to the Devialet guy (Mathieu Pernod) at OAC this week, 8.1.3beta does indeed fix some SAM 2 issues. I loaded it up late last night and have not had a chance for any serious listening yet, but with a quick listen, the bass issues I mentioned previously have change dramatically, maybe over to not enough SAM effect now. It's early days though, I'll post more when I get a chance for a few hours listening. 8.1.3beta is most definitely different though! Looks promising so far ....

@Floyd - Out of interest, what speakers are you running. It looks like your issues are similar to mine with the KEF Blade?
Please tell us how and where to get this 8.1.3.
Yes. I want to know how to get this 8.1.3 too.
Me too!
I'm seeing some very odd behaviour with my D200 since upgrading to 8.1.2.

My unit is configured to default to Dig-1 source at -40dB at startup.
I noticed that sometimes when I startup it shows the correct -40dB on the display but the volume is actually significantly louder than this and I have to reduce the volume to -55/-60 dB to achieve normal listening levels. When this occurs the sound seems distorted, particularly noticeable on spoken voice.

After some experimentation it appears that this occurs when the last source I'm listening too before going into standby is the phono stage.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
(19-Jul-2015, 09:00)howlindawg Wrote: I'm seeing some very odd behaviour with my D200 since upgrading to 8.1.2.

My unit is configured to default to Dig-1 source at -40dB at startup.
I noticed that sometimes when I startup it shows the correct -40dB on the display but the volume is actually significantly louder than this and I have to reduce the volume to -55/-60 dB to achieve normal listening levels. When this occurs the sound seems distorted, particularly noticeable on spoken voice.

After some experimentation it appears that this occurs when the last source I'm listening too before going into standby is the phono stage.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've had this once. Didn't link it to the Phono, though. I just restarted the D200 and it was back to normal. I'll keep an ear out for this.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Mr Confused ? link to 8.1.3beta please?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I upgraded to v8.1.2 and my setup is working flawlessly, including SAM with my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers.

Note that I do not use AIR.
(19-Jul-2015, 14:40)Jnan_devi Wrote: Mr Confused ? link to 8.1.3beta please?

There is no link unfortunately!   In response to yourself and the others asking about 8.13beta, this version appears only to have been sent to individuals in contact with Devilalet support, individuals with specific issues with 8.1.2, in my case SAM 2 issues.  A shame in some respects, as I would be interested in other people's views of 8.1.3beta, in particular with respect to SAM implementation.  I guess Devialet support are busy enough at the moment with people like me with 8.x.x issues, plus the Phantom roll out, so releasing 8.1.3beta is probably undesirable to them at the moment.
it seems as if SAM 2 is still under construction. I have also contacted Devialet because SAM 2 had nearly no effect anymore compared to SAM 1. They have confirmed that the profile for my Giya G2 was wrong and they have updated the configurator. Now I have the problem that the bass is too fat and boomy even if SAM is set to 0%, I have measured a 7db increase around 70hz. So the profile seems not to be fully compatible with the algorithm in 8.1.2. I hope that 8.1.3 is fixing this problem.