Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
9.0.1 Bass is much much more deeper them 8.1.3 ..it deeper in such a way that I am unable to balance it .
even reduce the bass in 5 db is not solving the problem.
It so irritating .

For me It looks like the bass is drag all the spectrum down so it reduce the sound stage.
Is it just with my speakers ?
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(29-Dec-2015, 23:07)windler Wrote: 9.0.1 Bass is much much more deeper them 8.1.3 ..it deeper  in such a way that I am unable to balance it .
It so irritating .
Is it just with my speakers  ?

I wonder whether it's speaker-dependent.  I downloaded the new firmware and it sounds fine to my ears.  I have the Devialet (200) Ensemble, so I have the Atohm GT1 special edition speakers with unmodified SAM.  Sounds great to my ears.  But then I am 64, so perhaps I am not the best judge!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(29-Dec-2015, 23:23)Flashman Wrote:
(29-Dec-2015, 23:07)windler Wrote: 9.0.1 Bass is much much more deeper them 8.1.3 ..it deeper  in such a way that I am unable to balance it .
It so irritating .

I wonder whether it's speaker-dependent.  I downloaded the new firmware and it sounds fine to my ears.  I have the Devialet (200) Ensemble, so I have the Atohm GT1 special edition speakers with unmodified SAM.  Sounds great to my ears.  But then I am 64, so perhaps I am not the best judge!
DJ

D200 ; JM Reynaud Emeraudes ; power cable Charlin ; Macos x "el capitan"
(29-Dec-2015, 23:23)Flashman Wrote:
It so irritating .

It sounds great to my ears too and i am much younger than Flashman (i am 63 !!!); (with D 200 JM REYNAUD EMERAUDE power cable Charlin)
DJ

D200 ; JM Reynaud Emeraudes ; power cable Charlin ; Macos x "el capitan"
(24-Dec-2015, 09:58)warpeon Wrote: I just got an auralic Aries mini (with less 12 hrs of playing) With Regen and jitterbug, I think it is quite good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Warpeon,
I've been looking at streamers and trying to figure out why a streamer would be better than using a mac mini and Air via Ethernet. Just curious your thoughts as the one you reference is one I'm interested in. Thanks for any advice.
It is quite simple. I got fed up with AIR problems with my computer. I picked Aries mini because of it relative cheap price but the Lightning app looks good. I figured the streamer itself is only a small part of the investment to get good usb implementation-jitterbug, decent cable, Regen, LPSUs, AC & DC power cables.

Sound quality-wise, all these investments are only similar to AIR (I haven't invested in the LPSUs yet, but done all of the mentioned). That is both encouraging and disappointing. Encouraging in the sense that AIR sounds good but free. Disappointing in the sense that is is not updated and partly broken.

My 2 cents. Hope this helps.

9.01 sound is seriously different from the previous versions:
+ Deeper/rounder bass, better separation among frequencies, nicer highs. Maybe I am wrong but I sense more control/power as well.
- Soundstage has gone back 10-15m and is slightly narrower, at times SQ edges more towards power/detail vs elegance.

In my system (Aries+250+Lawrence Audio Double Bass) it's very enjoyable, however I wonder if Devialet could one day offer an easy switch among the most popular setups (7.1, 9, ...)

Given the changes I am wondering if I need to try different speaker / listening positions & toe-in to optimize the sound. Thoughts welcome!
Hello GTX,

I have experienced the need to fine tune the speaker placement after installing new software in the Devialet 250 - In the same way I need to fine tune the placement after changing speaker cables...

Br Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(03-Jan-2016, 08:42)BjornWiman Wrote: Hello GTX,

I have experienced the need to fine tune the speaker placement after installing new software in the Devialet 250 - In the same way I need to fine tune the placement after changing speaker cables...

Br Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

So, after fine tune speaker placement playing 9.0.1, do you think it is better than other previous fir wares?
(01-Jan-2016, 06:06)warpeon Wrote: It is quite simple. I got fed up with AIR problems with my computer. I picked Aries mini because of it relative cheap price but the Lightning app looks good. I figured the streamer itself is only a small part of the investment to get good usb implementation-jitterbug, decent cable, Regen, LPSUs, AC & DC power cables.

Sound quality-wise, all these investments are only similar to AIR (I haven't invested in the LPSUs yet, but done all of the mentioned). That is both encouraging and disappointing. Encouraging in the sense that AIR sounds good but free. Disappointing in the sense that is is not updated and partly broken.

My 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Hello, I'm also fed up with the AIR and I was also interested in the Aries. Currently I'm using Roon and I was wondering about the Lightning app. How good is it? How well does it mix NAS content with Tidal?