Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware Update Problem
I have 2 silver phantoms and a dialog.

Firmware revisions are;

Dialog - 1.14.0.18
Phantom 1 - 1.14.0.18
Phantom 2 - 1.14.2.3

How can I force the dialog and phantom to update their firmware so they are all the same? 
They are are connected to the internet as I stream internet radio most of the time.

Phantom 1 regular just stops working (they are configured for Stereo) and I have to switch the power on and off to get it to register again with the dialog and start playing. I'm hoping this is a firmware issue which is why I want to get it up to the same level a the other one.

Thanks for the help.
(21-Oct-2019, 06:22)Pioneer123 Wrote: I have 2 silver phantoms and a dialog.

Firmware revisions are;

Dialog - 1.14.0.18
Phantom 1 - 1.14.0.18
Phantom 2 - 1.14.2.3

How can I force the dialog and phantom to update their firmware so they are all the same? 
They are are connected to the internet as I stream internet radio most of the time.

Phantom 1 regular just stops working (they are configured for Stereo) and I have to switch the power on and off to get it to register again with the dialog and start playing. I'm hoping this is a firmware issue which is why I want to get it up to the same level a the other one.

Thanks for the help.
Contact Devialet support, they can force an update to your speaker.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Devialet themselves can not force an update. They will guide you through a step by step process to put the Phantom into “Emergency Mode” which factory resets the firmware and then updates it to the latest release.

I have done it once. It involves holding the power button while unplugging and plugging the Phantom in for a certain amount of time each time until the woofers vibrate super fast and then stop for a minute and then vibrate super fast again. That shows that it is in “Emergency Mode” and doing a firmware restore.

For this entire process the Phantom must be wired directly to the internet with an Ethernet cable otherwise it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
This is the hard reset procedure
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ier-system-
(21-Oct-2019, 12:10)Snoopy8 Wrote: This is the hard reset procedure

That procedure refreshes the firmware but does not restore it to factory defaults and update it from an internet image. It uses the internal recovery firmware image to refresh itself. This means the firmware will be the same version as it previously was.
There is another method that is not published by Devialet (but is provided through support) that completely formats the internal firmware and storage and recovers it with an up to date internet image. The way to get into this mode is different.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(21-Oct-2019, 12:43)kmjy Wrote:

That procedure refreshes the firmware but does not restore it to factory defaults and update it from an internet image. It uses the internal recovery firmware image to refresh itself. This means the firmware will be the same version as it previously was.
There is another method that is not published by Devialet (but is provided through support) that completely formats the internal firmware and storage and recovers it with an up to date internet image. The way to get into this mode is different.

hold up...both my Phantom golds are running on 1.14.1.3 but my dialogue is on 1.14.2.13.
This means I’m behind on the firmware version?
i assumed it did the update on its own since there’s no option is spark to search or apply upgrades?
 I also assumed they had different firmware for dialogue vs. Speaker (since both speakers were in sync with their firmware?)
(21-Oct-2019, 12:48)Yar36 Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 12:43)kmjy Wrote:

hold up...both my Phantom golds are running on 1.14.1.3 but my dialogue is on 1.14.2.13.
i assumed it did the update on its own since there’s no option is spark to search or apply upgrades?
 I also assumed they had different firmware for dialogue vs. Speaker (since both speakers were in sync with their firmware?)

The hardware is designed to let you know when an update is required. Devialet have told me in the past that they do have core firmware which everyone gets through Spark but they also have a secondary special firmware that is forced onto the hardware when you enter the “Emergency Mode”. This special firmware is used when your system has stability issues. Dialogue can not be put into this mode by the customer. Only Phantom can. Soon Dialogue won’t be necessary anyway.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(21-Oct-2019, 12:48)Yar36 Wrote: hold up...both my Phantom golds are running on 1.14.1.3 but my dialogue is on 1.14.2.13.
I think you have swapped the Phantom and dialogue versions in your post. I am on the same versions, so no need to update.
(21-Oct-2019, 13:55)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 12:48)Yar36 Wrote: hold up...both my Phantom golds are running on 1.14.1.3 but my dialogue is on 1.14.2.13.
I think you have swapped the Phantom and dialogue versions in your post.  I am on the same versions, so no need to update.
Nope, that’s what I see... phantoms are running older firmware than dialogue. Yours is opposite?
(21-Oct-2019, 23:44)Yar36 Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 13:55)Snoopy8 Wrote:
I think you have swapped the Phantom and dialogue versions in your post.  I am on the same versions, so no need to update.
Nope, that’s what I see... phantoms are running older firmware than dialogue. Yours is opposite?
Sorry, did not read mine properly. Dialog 1.14.2.3. Phantom 1.14.2.13

Does it matter if firmware is different? We should be getting updates soon if rumours are correct.